• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Where to purchase fireworks?

New posts
I HATE Fireworks, my dogs hate fireworks. Someone has been shooting around my hood for a week now. It scares the sheet out of my dogs. We can't even enjoy sitting out on the deck at night because of it. I am all about a professional show, but hate the ones people buy and shoot. My son had a friend that just about lost his hand because of them. Hate 'em.
 
Get someone to purchase them for you on the way down to the beach at Shelton's Fireworks in Cusseta, AL, on I-85 a few miles from the GA state line. We bought the massive ones for New Years Eve to celebrate daughter's and JP's engagement. They were awesome.
 
I HATE Fireworks, my dogs hate fireworks. Someone has been shooting around my hood for a week now. It scares the sheet out of my dogs. We can't even enjoy sitting out on the deck at night because of it. I am all about a professional show, but hate the ones people buy and shoot. My son had a friend that just about lost his hand because of them. Hate 'em.

Amen to that. Hate the firecrackers and M80's. :roll:

MANgo has a pyrotechnics license and he some others plan a professional show on a small scale. No huge mortars or overtly loud popping. Mostly fountains and It's all on remote detonators, all safety procedures followed, etc; and I still get nervous every year, and so does he. One must have a proper respect for the dangers or you will get hurt. Mortars do not always go off in the direction you want them to, even the Grucci ones sold in tubes. The beach is a dangerous place to set one of those down. It's uneven, subject to wind conditions, can fall and injure someone. Bottle rockets are the worst. Even those short sparklers can be dangerous to small children, burn them or set fire to something.

Please, please, parents, if you get the sparklers, get the long ones and make sure you supervise your children.
 
Mama Scooterbug is permanently and completely deaf in one ear because of a firecracker mishap as a kid. They were playing w/ the little ones (not the giant mortars or projectile kind) and one she was throwing got caught in her hair and went off near her ear.
 
Tourists, all day drinking and fireworks on Grayton with no rain/moisture in the air is a recipe for~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~tent destruction! :floor::floor:

Y'all be careful and have funn!!!!!
 
Get someone to purchase them for you on the way down to the beach at Shelton's Fireworks in Cusseta, AL, on I-85 a few miles from the GA state line. We bought the massive ones for New Years Eve to celebrate daughter's and JP's engagement. They were awesome.

:whack:

Humor me here....I have forgotten. Are fireworks legal in Walton County?
 
again....Class "C" fireworks...
 
:whack:

Humor me here....I have forgotten. Are fireworks legal in Walton County?


Things that you light and they go "bang" are not legal is what I understand. But Florala is only a few miles north and lots of things that go "bang" up there.
 
Things that you light and they go "bang" are not legal is what I understand. But Florala is only a few miles north and lots of things that go "bang" up there.

:floor:...Fireworks For Dummies!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top