• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Which Publix? Watercolor or PCB?

New posts

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
We are checking into our place at Watersound this Saturday. According to mapquest, we are 14 minutes from the Publix in PCB and 11 minutes from the Publix in Watercolor. Which one do you think is better? We will be shopping for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack foods for the week. I like a grocery store with many selections. But I also appreciate a store that has upscale items and prepared foods.

I would like to buy local produce. Any suggestions?

How about a great bakery?
 
The Watercolor Publix on a Saturday is a jaw-dropping spectacle - go to the other one! At most other times it is 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another, but avoid it on Saturdays!!!

For local produce go to Toni's in Grayton or For the Health of It in Blue Mtn.
 
I live on the north side of 30A, across from Watersound. I usually shop at the Publix in PCB instead of Watercolor - it is bigger, less crowded and they don't have the shortage issues that Watercolor Publix has... Last night I stopped at the Watercolor Publix on the way home from work and they were out of the milk I like, the ice cream I like, and a few other things - the shelves were pretty bare.

The drive to PCB is slightly longer mileage, but less traffic, fewer pedestrian issues, and generally more pleasant... it never takes me 14 minutes, I'd say more like 10. For a slightly quicker route, take 30A East to Watersound Parkway (where Camp Creek Golf Course is) and turn left. Follow Watersound Parkway to Hwy 98 and turn right... You avoid the slow speed limits and lights in Alys & Rosemary Beach... (those are both beautiful developments though, you should check them out at least once on your visit.)

For local produce, definitely Toni's or For the Health of It...

The Publix bakery is actually very good, I've never been disappointed... For really yummy treats though, head west on 30A to My Daddy's Cheesecake in Gulf Place (corner of 393 & 30A)
 
Last edited:
Oh, yeah, lemme into this one...we use the PCB location exclusively after an initial try at the other and found it to be 1)overcrowded, 2)bare in spots, 3)full of nice yet posing vacationeers, ready to stop mid-aisle and chat up a friend or three, 4) hard to park. PCB, as mentioned, is less crowded, has far fewer outages, has easier parking and generally has shoppers ready to grab and roll. It has a super deli, god bakery, fine produce. And there's a liquor store next door. Toni's for produce and emu meat, but haven't tried Blue Mtn yet. I vote ----Tah Dah PCB!
 
I also vote for PCB ~ if they are out of an item there is a Winn Dixie across the street that you could go to.
 
I actually prefer the one at Grand Boulevard. Never anywhere near as crowded as the other two. Maybe an extra ten minutes of drive time, but worth it, IMO.
 
Because of the lack of shelf space and their clientele is the short term visitor, you won't find the larger sizes of items many times therefore you pay more per ounce, etc.. Maybe not a big thing but one of the reasons I shop the PCB store most times , but I live here.
 
Thanks for all the postings! You've convinced me to shop at the Publix in PCB rather than Watercolor. I'm definitely going to buy produce at Toni's.
 
PCB Winn-Dixie is underappreciated! Usually empty, very clean, plenty of stuff on the shelves. Open until midnight to boot!

Don't forget the self checkout as well. Great for the gotta-get-it-in-a-hurry items.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top