• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Who Got the Gumbo!?

New posts

Kurt

Admin
With the 25th annual Sandestin Gumbo Festival coming up I thought I would ask - what local restaurant has a great bowl of gumbo? Who has your favorite? Stinky's, Grayton Bar & Grill, Marigny ... ????

Let's start a SoWal List of grayt GUMBO.

I love many good bowls in the area, especially 98 BBQ! John won the gumbo festival for 5 years in a row.



:wave:

130425-stinkys-049-2.jpg
 
Last edited:
I love the duck gumbo with potatoes (instead of rice) a V Seagrove. It had a wonderful dark roux, and it has been cooking long enough to have a rich depth of flavor.
 
Shorty's is quite good and so is Pompano Joe's and Stinky's! Will have to try Marigny. Does Messina's have gumbo?
 
Yes, I went to Messina's with a friend for brunch last Sunday. I ordered the 7 layer breakfast lasagna and he ordered the vegetarian egg's benedict. We both thought what we had was fabulous! I want to go back to try the bar-b-que shrimp which I still remember as some of the best shrimp I have ever eaten. I tried them in NOLA. My only complaint with them is that they are not open for lunch.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I went to Messina's with a friend for brunch last Sunday. I ordered the 7 layer breakfast lasangua (sp) and he ordered the vegetarian egg's benedict. We both thought what we had was fabulous! I want to go back to try the bar-b-que shrimp which I still remember as some of the best shrimp I have ever eaten. I tried them in NOLA. My only complaint with them is that they are not open for lunch.

They will be open for lunch in March last I heard.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top