• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Why Michael Adkinson Jr. for Sheriff?

New posts
Calm down, Mrs. Sunday nobody is saying anything bad about Sunday at the S.W. Sub-station. Yes he is a great guy and they should have more employees like him working at the S.O. I've known who Steve was way before he went to DOT and then came back. He's a great guy!!!

Fuzz (and I) appreciate your kind words. :wub:
 
:wave:I try not to say to much about this race for Sheriff but I have to say that the Sheriff has always been nice to me. I know Mr. Adkinson also and would say that we need to stick with the man who has done a great job for Walton County and that would be our current Sheriff.:wave:
You've got to be kidding!!!!!
 
You've got to be kidding!!!!!

Andy A....it's hard not to respond to this garbage....but, I think it's obvious that SandyBanks just wants to provoke the board. SB can't be serious...especially if he/she reads the newspapers and knows people in the sheriff department. Could just be living in a vacuum. Could be Ralphie himself undercover.:clap:
 
Good points, SGG.
 
Andy A....it's hard not to respond to this garbage....but, I think it's obvious that SandyBanks just wants to provoke the board. SB can't be serious...especially if he/she reads the newspapers and knows people in the sheriff department. Could just be living in a vacuum. Could be Ralphie himself undercover.:clap:

I will respect the wishes of many on this board and limit my posting on subjects that are to painful to discuss. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings and if I have I do apologize.

I completely understand why many feel the way they do and want everyone to know that I like all of you and will abide by the wishes of the majority.:cry:
 
:bang:
And now the rest of the story?Since Mr. Adkinson has been appointed the City Marshall at the end of 2005 his budget has continued to climb at an astronomical rate. I guess that comes from his experience in Tallahassee. The fact is that in a time when most governmental agencies have had to figure out ways to cut back, the DeFuniak Springs Police Department budget has continued to increase at an enormous rate. In 2005 when Adkinson took over the police department the budget was $916,941.00 and in 2008 it is $1,746,480.00. For those that don?t have a calculator handy that is an $829,539.00 or 90% increase in just a few short years. This information is not an opinion but it is fact and also public record. You can take a look at this yourself by visiting http://www.defuniaksprings.net/budgetexpenditures07-08.pdf (page 5).
 
:bang:
And now the rest of the story?Since Mr. Adkinson has been appointed the City Marshall at the end of 2005 his budget has continued to climb at an astronomical rate. I guess that comes from his experience in Tallahassee. The fact is that in a time when most governmental agencies have had to figure out ways to cut back, the DeFuniak Springs Police Department budget has continued to increase at an enormous rate. In 2005 when Adkinson took over the police department the budget was $916,941.00 and in 2008 it is $1,746,480.00. For those that don?t have a calculator handy that is an $829,539.00 or 90% increase in just a few short years. This information is not an opinion but it is fact and also public record. You can take a look at this yourself by visiting http://www.defuniaksprings.net/budgetexpenditures07-08.pdf (page 5).

Not to offend the old chief or the new chief, but we must realize the more demand that we put on our local government for protection, it should not surprise us when we see budget increases. Things cost more today, the cost of living goes up and if we want to keep from becoming a training ground, we need to pay officers, so we can keep them and they can have the tools necessary to do the job. It's like a bitter pill, does taste bad, but makes you well later. I know salaries have been brought up since I worked there in 2004 and 2005:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top