• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Why so hostile to Skier

New posts

Pen Thrower

Beach Comber
I feel like evreyone is a bit overly defensive toward Skier. Perhaps they are a bit nervous about there own financial future. The market could not be in more of a slump right now. Call him whatever you want but he may be right.
 
Pen Thrower said:
I feel like evreyone is a bit overly defensive toward Skier. Perhaps they are a bit nervous about there own financial future. The market could not be in more of a slump right now. Call him whatever you want but he may be right.
Interesting???
 
I don't know who you are pen thrower, but I think you should read up on the threads. I have personally given skier a lot of slack when I would have normally either ignored him or posted something I would have regretted! I have asked questions of skier in order to try and understand where he is coming from...some of which he answered and some important ones to me which he did not. I have also tried to get skier to post about things other than the sky is falling and people might be losing their shirts (my take on some of his posts...not direct quotes). Watch where you throw that PEN, Mr/Ms. Thrower!!!!
 
So, violent one, oops, I mean Pen Thrower, are you willing to share your take on the LOCAL real estate market?
 
I just read that post again and boy it's a funny one!!!! Skier making me NERVOUS about my finanical future! Where are the DEPENDS when you need them!
 
Worry not. Some people find it fun to push buttons on the internet in the name of informed debate. We'll be fine. It would be a shame if he scares some people off on the area, because seems to me the facts are in our favor. At the risk of repeating myself from a previous thread, i'll make this point again:

Yes, undeniably, the RE market is "slumping" right now, but that's the natural course of financial markets. Historically, losers sweat the small ups and downs, and the winners have a grasp on the big picture. I think a more accurate term is "adjustment." Compared to the ATL RE market, for example, SoWal is still a good investment, and will continue to be as long it continues to be located on the best coastline in the US. It's not a "flippers" market anymore, but we all knew that moment would come. In fact, this adjustment is right on time based on my hunches from a few years ago.

He's right, those who bought in the last few months may experience short-term losses if they were simply looking to flip and fly. But anyone with long term interests will have a fine nest egg and see a reasonable --if not excellent-- return on their money. We've got the best beach in the US, sensible building restrictions, a burgeoning interest from overseas visitors and an international airport in works to support them, amenities, parks and natural resources out the yin-yang, all in a drive-to destination.
Lets have a beer.
beer.gif
 
katie blue said:
Worry not. Some people find it fun to push buttons on the internet in the name of informed debate. We'll be fine. It would be a shame if he scares some people off on the area, because seems to me the facts are in our favor. At the risk of repeating myself from a previous thread, i'll make this point again:

Yes, undeniably, the RE market is "slumping" right now, but that's the natural course of financial markets. Historically, losers sweat the small ups and downs, and the winners have a grasp on the big picture. I think a more accurate term is "adjustment." Compared to the ATL RE market, for example, SoWal is still a good investment, and will continue to be as long it continues to be located on the best coastline in the US. It's not a "flippers" market anymore, but we all knew that moment would come. In fact, this adjustment is right on time based on my hunches from a few years ago.

He's right, those who bought in the last few months may experience short-term losses if they were simply looking to flip and fly. But anyone with long term interests will have a fine nest egg and see a reasonable --if not excellent-- return on their money. We've got the best beach in the US, sensible building restrictions, a burgeoning interest from overseas visitors and an international airport in works to support them, amenities, parks and natural resources out the yin-yang, all in a drive-to destination.
Lets have a beer.
beer.gif

She rocks and she's smart too :wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top