• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Why we visit SoWal

New posts

UofL

Beach Fanatic
It's a one day drive from our house.
Less densely populated.
Very few 'high' rises.
Local restaurants instead of chains.
BIKE TRAIL. BIKE TRAIL. BIKE TRAIL.
Seaside.
We stayed on the very western part of front beach road but too much heat for that long of a bike ride. Wanted to get closer to Seaside.

Less crowded beaches. Sometimes, during the week, you can sit on your blanket, with only one 'row' of beach goers and each family might be 10 feet apart.
We went to Myrtle Beach with family a couple of times. You can barely lie down. Can't believe how crowded the east coast is.

We are leaving this Thursday night for Seaside. We have fun driving through the night. Seeing the rocket ship at the Alabama state line. Listening to music. Seeing the pines which make us realize at the third rest area that we are more than half way there. We actually take 65 to Mobile or Pensacola and work our way east to SoWal. Eat breakfast, sight see, get our feet in the sand - don't want to lose one day in Florida.

This time, our older daughter, son-in-law, 2 teenage grandsons are joining us. Friends are staying in a friends condo on front beach road, just across the street from the last WD, Ramsgate Harbour I think.

My husband teaches, so we can't take advantage of off season prices, but do come down as soon as we can. (Can stay outside longer in early June than waiting until the heat of July, August.)

I worked at KFC R&D, now work for Brown-Forman. Someone I worked with at KFC works and lives down there. Plays in the band at the Seaside church. Found him two years ago, the last time we went down. (14 of us went to Cancun two years in a row. I don't have to go back there.)

One negative is the water itself. Can't get in as often as we did. First, the dangerous riptides. The double red flag and patrolling began a couple of years ago, I guess. Also, the water isn't always very clear. So we are learning to appreciate being that close without being in.

We are splurging to stay in Seaside for the first and only time. Will look for places at Seagrove for future - for 2 and up.

We will be the people with the UofL license plate on W. Ruskin. Stop by and have a drink.

Can't wait.
 
Have the time of your lives. The water has been beautiful. We do have seaweed but I :wub: seaweed now!
 
Have a wonderful time! :welcome:
 
:welcome:Have a wonderful trip! Seaweed in Seaside is better than tar in Texas! :wave:
 
Back in 2005 someone sent me a "Beaches of South Walton Visitors Guide" that I beleive was found on this website. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it, and if there is an updated version. If there is, I couldn't find it. It was about 12 pages, and full of great info. about the area.
Thanks for your help.
 
Back in 2005 someone sent me a "Beaches of South Walton Visitors Guide" that I beleive was found on this website. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it, and if there is an updated version. If there is, I couldn't find it. It was about 12 pages, and full of great info. about the area.
Thanks for your help.


Go to www.beachesofsouthwalton.com or call 800-822-6877 and they will mail you one.

It is a great guide, with beautiful photos and I love the saying on the back.

"Welcome to an escape that runs as far as the eye can see."
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top