• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wi-Fi or Internet access

New posts
Thanks, I read The Way We Were. Great book. I'll pick up the other when I'm in the area. It's a great way to learn about the area.
 
I wanted to re-hash this thread from March. I am going to be spending a week in Seaside starting this Saturday, and I want to be able to post my travel pictures daily in my photo blog.

Other than the center stage area at Seaside, are there any other wi-fi hotspots? Anyone on Savannah Street have a wireless connection they would like to share? :) If I have to go to the the stage area everyday to post, I will. I know my wife likes to go drink wine at that wine place near there that I forget the name of.

Basically, I just wanted to see if there is anything new in the last few months.

Phil

www.indietulsa.com/photo
 
osubosco said:
I wanted to re-hash this thread from March. I am going to be spending a week in Seaside starting this Saturday, and I want to be able to post my travel pictures daily in my photo blog.

Other than the center stage area at Seaside, are there any other wi-fi hotspots? Anyone on Savannah Street have a wireless connection they would like to share? :) If I have to go to the the stage area everyday to post, I will. I know my wife likes to go drink wine at that wine place near there that I forget the name of.

Basically, I just wanted to see if there is anything new in the last few months.

Phil

www.indietulsa.com/photo

I still have my Nikon FM. At the time I bought it used, the FE was like a Cadillac compared to it. :lol:
 
I just bought the FE on eBay and it should be here today or tomorrow. I can't wait! I like digital and everything, but there is nothing like a "real camera" ;-)
 
osubosco said:
I wanted to re-hash this thread from March. I am going to be spending a week in Seaside starting this Saturday, and I want to be able to post my travel pictures daily in my photo blog.

Other than the center stage area at Seaside, are there any other wi-fi hotspots? Anyone on Savannah Street have a wireless connection they would like to share? :) If I have to go to the the stage area everyday to post, I will. I know my wife likes to go drink wine at that wine place near there that I forget the name of.

Basically, I just wanted to see if there is anything new in the last few months.

Phil

www.indietulsa.com/photo
Just be careful. You might want to visit http://www.wi-fi.org/OpenSection/secure.asp and read about security in public places.

Also, no wardriving! I heard that someone in Florida got charged with a felony for using someone else's private wireless network, although I never saw the details in the newspaper. Ironically a police officer in our town routinely parks near the local college and fires up his laptop to use its wireless network.
 
Yeah, I read about that wardriving arrest while I was searching for wi-fi hotspots in Florida. I wouldn't use someone's private network without permission. That's not cool. Now if it's a public network like a library or something...
 
The new Shades restaurant at the eastern end of 30A has free wireless access.
 
Sundog Books in Seaside has an open hotspot that works well sitting at a table on the front porch, or if it is too hot, they have a comfortable computer/reading lounge upstairs. I used it last weekend. There were several laptops going and the signal was just fine.
 
Somehow, the idea of dragging my laptop around is not really appealing. (yes, yes, I agree, we should come down and relax. But I don't totally relax unless I check my email once a day--and lately things at my college (I'm a dean at an excellent NY liberal arts college) have been tumultuous. So I check--I'm reassured, they're reassured, then all is good).
I love Sundog Books--and indeed, I buy LOTs of books when I come (this independent bookstore is yet one more reason we come all this way--I love being able to have them help me find great summer reading). But I don't want to drag my laptop around looking for signals. I'm staying at a condo in Seagrove--Palms--is there still a good dialup service? (last year some enterprising soul had something--I still have the icon on my laptop. ) We'll be in Seagrove on Sat. yes, I know its "so old". thanks.
Newyorker
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top