• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wi-Fi or Internet access

New posts
phdphay said:
I miss Fermentations, Patchouilli's, and even the short-lived Albert F.'s. What is Seaside doing? If they run Shades off, it will really be a tragedy. And Bud & Alley's won't be there forever if the current mindset stays in place, further eroding the old 30-A ambiance IMHO.

Patchouli's has moved down to Santa Rosa next to Miss Lucille's Gossip Parlor and across from the Artists at Gulf Place.
It seems that the businesses across from Sundog Books are disappearing---Bow-wow-Meow, candy store, and most recently ARTZ by Donna Burgess.
Last year, the woman in ARTZ said it was getting hard to pay Manhatten real estate rent at Seaside. I think maybe those small buildings are going to be moved now that they are all almost empty.

BTW after finally finding a wireless location, my computer crashed. :idontno:
 
In regards to Bud's I was meeting with someone who was buddies with the owner Dave- who just bought out his partner's share. The man I was meeting with mentioned Bud's moving/closing and Dave said he wouldn't have bought out his partner's half if that was the case. This is also the same person who the day before Dennis was hitting said he was staying...and that if Bud's went down, he was going to go down with it.

I don't know.. it may be the inevitable...but I would HATE to see Bud's move across 30-A. We sat at the roof bar and watched the fireworks on the 4th and it was amazing! I would love to make that a tradition. :clap_1:
 
Suncat said:
Patchouli's has moved down to Santa Rosa next to Miss Lucille's Gossip Parlor and across from the Artists at Gulf Place.
It seems that the businesses across from Sundog Books are disappearing---Bow-wow-Meow, candy store, and most recently ARTZ by Donna Burgess.
Last year, the woman in ARTZ said it was getting hard to pay Manhatten real estate rent at Seaside. I think maybe those small buildings are going to be moved now that they are all almost empty.

BTW after finally finding a wireless location, my computer crashed. :idontno:
Yes, thanks, I knew Patchouilli's had moved, but the new one doesn't have as much inventory as the old one. Plus, I liked the atmosphere of the Seaside location.

Oh, can't computers be so frustrating? I've had issues with mine since May. Got a new Dell last week. The battery on the old one (3 years) died, and Gateway doesn't have that battery anymore. What good is a laptop if you have to stay wired?
 
wetwilly said:
Any locals know or can confirm, I thought I read in the Sun in May that some "reconfigurations" were planned for Seaside retail and the little post office and a few other buildings were going to be moved or taken down. The article said that it was always in the plan from way back....?

Also, heard that Bud and Ally's (or at least the upstairs bar) was going to be moved or shut down (ie it is not going to be So-30A) and on another post on this board (a few days) ago that Shades' lease was expired and that they were going to be moving (to the Publix shopping ctr? Not wanting to start rumors just trying to confirm any of the above. BTW, is the Shades at the end of 30-A at Inlet Beach the same owner/menu as the one in Seaside?

Kurt or SJ...any truth to these changes or can you confirm or set me straight? Thanks for advance for any info. :clap_1:
I spoke with a friend of the owner of Shades. He said that they had renewed the lease, but I don't know for how long.

I also have spoken from time to time with a friend of DR of B&A. Apparently he is frustrated by what's going on at Seaside. He has received offers to move out of Seaside. I just love the beachfront ambiance at B&A. Isn't it the only restaurant on 30-A that has a Gulf view?

Anyhow, I guess Seaside as we once knew it with the funky ambiance will be gone soon, according to Kurt's links. Makes me sad! But I guess I can't blame the owners who can make more money with high-rises than a low-rises.
 
Fermentations has closed, but Rendevous recently opened where Studio 210 was in Ruskin Place. It is a very cool place to have a glass of wine.
 
Planned community growth sucks. That's what made 30-a and especially blue mountain beach so neat back in the 80's and 90's - they weren't planned and had locals that wouldn't stand for being planned.
 
aquaticbiology said:
Planned community growth sucks. That's what made 30-a and especially blue mountain beach so neat back in the 80's and 90's - they weren't planned and had locals that wouldn't stand for being planned.

Do you think that Destin is full of greatness since it is not planned?
 
Some lady in charge at Henderson Park Inn planned to run Grandkids and me of the beach at Henderson State beach. The grandkids were playing Marco Polo in the water at the state beach. She said they were bothering her high dollar renters. Too much noise! We still own property there and the grandkids are mostly grown now, but Henderson Park Inn is closed and I guess the lady is too. So much for her plan. However talk is planned development from Henderson Park Inn over to 98 as same owners bought bowling alley and some property inbetween. Don't know how they are going to get on 98 during June and July. :idontno:
 
Smiling JOe said:
I read a great book entitled, "Be Here Now." I recommend the title to you when you arrive at the Beach, Be here now.
Is that book a new "Be Here Now" or is it the one published back in the '70's?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top