• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wild bird rescue?

New posts

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Fuzz just found an injured bluebird/bluejay. The bird can hop around but is unable to fly (probably due to one of my cats :() . Fuzz is rigging up a cage with birdseed and water, but we know that WE won't be able to nurse it back to health. With our schedules, we can barely keep plants alive.

Anybody got a recommendation as to where we can take it?
 
Edit - I was typing a post to thank you for your offer and to report that it was resting comfortably and eating a bit here and there, but Fuzz just came in and advised that it has passed away. There were no *obvious* injuries so it may have been sick.

Pretty little thing...now I hope we don't all have bird flu.
 
Last edited:
Edit - I was typing a post to thank you for your offer and to report that it was resting comfortably and eating a bit here and there, but Fuzz just came in and advised that it has passed away. There were no *obvious* injuries so it may have been sick.

Pretty little thing...now I hope we don't all have bird flu.
:cry:

You're beautiful Shallows for caring about that little thing. I rescued one outside Beall's (?) in Destin once. Brought it some emergency clinic in Niceville and they were very nice to take him at no charge. Sorry you lost him and thank you for stepping in to help T. Cline.
 
Em Coast Animal Refuge is awesome. I rescued a baby squirrel after one of our hurricanes in 05' and took it to them after hand feeding it for two weeks. It turned out to be a rare black squirrel and they showed me where they were going to keep it with another squirrel for company. I felt good about leaving it there.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top