• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wild Blue Lupines

New posts

mvelotas

Beach Comber
We are in the process of finishing our new house and moving permanantly here. I want to try to use the local wild Blue Lupine plant but need some pointers and advice on just where to place them.

Thanks,

Mike
 
A good idea to go native! I have not seen Lupine for sale. Don't try to transplant they'll just die.

:welcome: :sowal:
 
Last edited:
Also- Anyone know of people that handle long term rentals? We may need to leave Miami in the next month or two putting us way ahead of our March/April 2016 move in.

Thx!
 
I just want to keep out property pretty "local" flora. I HATE palm trees (ala Miami--disgusting down here!) and am planting zero grass. Thinning out some scrub pines and keeping the long needles. Read to try to gather the seeds and wet and scratch them. Start germination in your fridge, then move to the soil....
 
I just want to keep out property pretty "local" flora. I HATE palm trees (ala Miami--disgusting down here!) and am planting zero grass. Thinning out some scrub pines and keeping the long needles. Read to try to gather the seeds and wet and scratch them. Start germination in your fridge, then move to the soil....
Let me know how it goes.

Check local nurseries for natives.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top