• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wind Insurance and Citizens

New posts
Hi there. My name is Chantelle and I work for Kite Insurance Agency. Our agency has received quite a few calls from homeowners referencing this site when asked how they heard about our agency. I believe I have actually talked to a few of the posters here. I would just like to say that our agency has several markets that we can place homeowners and rental dwelling policies with. Please feel free to give us a call at 888-636-9772. Thanks and have a great weekend!
 
I called this agency and they responded with a written quote via e-mail in less than 20 minutes. I was very impressed. The hazard insuance quote was half what we are currently paying and the coverage is better. The wind quote, however, was almost twice the amount we are currently paying through Citizens. We're in the process of deciding whether we want to change to this agency, since our agent with the other company is basically out of the game (disability). We are not at all happy with how the company is picking up his clilents and keeping us informed. Also unhappy about being misinformed that there was no option for wind but for Citizens. I think many of these companies are in a meltdown mode as a result of last summer.
 
This may be a stupid question, but I though I was up on the insurance situation since I live in the area.

I am insured by Nationwide and do not recall receiving anything about discontinuing wind coverage on my home. In the last few years, the deductible has gone up to a percent of the value of your home, but no mention of not being covered.

Does anyone have Nationwide? If so, are you a resident? How far from the water is your home?

Thanks. I will call my agent first thing Monday... That is if they will answer the phone.....
 
yippie said:
This may be a stupid question, but I though I was up on the insurance situation since I live in the area.

I am insured by Nationwide and do not recall receiving anything about discontinuing wind coverage on my home. ....


There was a piece in the Sun Herald last week about Allstate and Nationwide starting to drop policies down in South Florida:

Sun Herald Article Jan 31, 2006
 
I read the article, thanks. But, that is regarding canceling the entire policy. If I understood from the first poster, only the wind portion is what is being canceled?????

Please clarify. Plus are the second home policies or primary home policies?

Thanks.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top