• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wind Insurance

New posts

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Did anyone else see a big reduction in their wind insurance premium this year??

Mine went down 33%--a totally unexpected gift!:clap: Amazing.
 
same here. substantial decrease. quite frankly I cannot understand why but I'm not complaining. maybe someone on the message board who better understands this can explain. I've personally never seen a reduction at this level and, relative to rollbacks, I see insurance a lot like taxes. they rarely decrease.
 
They probably have enough $ right now to justify a decrease since there have been no storms. But once we get one they will go right back up. Enjoy it while it lasts.
 
Anyone out there have any info on changes in wind insurance premiums for condo associations? We just got our bill...jumped up about 10% from last year.
 
Mine went up!!! I'm calling tomorrow. I am with citizens. Mine is $3088 this year and I have a 108 year old 2 bedroom, 1 bath house! I'm gettin' robbed!
 
Parker Rains at the Cone Company in Destin got us good rates again on our building. It dropped again from last year.
Thanks for the info. Is your policy through Citizens? If so, I don't think it matters who you go through regarding the premiums.

Anyway, based on the posts here, I think our agent owes us an explanation.
 
Thanks for the info. Is your policy through Citizens? If so, I don't think it matters who you go through regarding the premiums.

Anyway, based on the posts here, I think our agent owes us an explanation.

Believe it or not Parker has on some of my properties gotten me a better quote thru Citizens than the one I had already thru another agent...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top