• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

WindMark Beach ...

New posts

casey

Beach Comber
I know this is a bit off topic as Windmark Beach is not on 30a ... please forgive me, but my previous post was soooo helpful and I am hoping for the same advice here.

This summer we will be visiting Florida for 2 weeks. I am interested in learning more about St. Joe's Windmark Beach.

We are looking to purchase a lot ... and build in a few years. This would be a 2nd home over the next 10-15 years. Here are my questions:
- good long term investment?
- how are the beaches and ocean?
- slower community is okay ... but is there much growth potential?
- pro's and con's compared to Seacrest Beach and other 30a developments?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOU CONTINUED HELP!
 
I know this is a bit off topic as Windmark Beach is not on 30a ... please forgive me, but my previous post was soooo helpful and I am hoping for the same advice here.

This summer we will be visiting Florida for 2 weeks. I am interested in learning more about St. Joe's Windmark Beach.

We are looking to purchase a lot ... and build in a few years. This would be a 2nd home over the next 10-15 years. Here are my questions:

- good long term investment?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOU CONTINUED HELP!

With the current prices for RE and the tax/insurance situation in the state of Florida, I seriously doubt you'd be able to pencil out a profit renting out your second, newly-constructed home.

One makes an "investment" in hopes of future return down the line....if that return is joy and satisfaction, you may get that--if it is an above average return on the total amount of money invested, I wouldn't count on it.

Just my 2-cents...you can keep the change. ;-)

.
 
Last edited:
With the current prices for RE and the tax/insurance situation in the state of Florida, I seriously doubt you'd be able to pencil out a profit renting out your second, newly-constructed home.

One makes an "investment" in hopes of future return down the line....if that return is joy and satisfaction, you may get that--if it is an above average return on the total amount of money invested, I wouldn't count on it.

Just my 2-cents...you can keep the change. ;-)

.

Excellent points SHELLY. From an "investment" standpoint in the long term it can't hurt to be as high above sea level as possible. I don't know anything about WindMark but if it's near Port St. Joe/Cape San Blas doesn't that mean it's more vulnerable to flooding and storm surge? One of the greatest things about 30-A is that much of it is 20 or 30 feet above sea level. I believe I read somewhere that they are the highest beaches on the eastern seaboard. As a Florida resident most of my life I feel very comfortable "investing" along 30-A, and that is a major reason why.
 
Thank you for the reply. When I stated "long term investment" I purposely did not mention rental income as we have NO intention of renting our home. Perhaps I should have posed my question as long term "appreciation of home values"?
 
Very good to know Tampa ... Thanks so much!
GO UCLA!!!!!!!

:pissed:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
:D
 
Last edited:
i guess my biggest questions are the beaches and ocean ... how do they compare to 30a? be specific if possible ...

thanx again
 
I live in Port St Joe, and think the beaches and Gulf are really really nice, not to mention the homes.
But the flood worries are probably valid.
 
After some investigation ... about 1/2 of the lots in windmark will require flood insurance, while NONE of the lots in watersound west require insurance. I know this is vague and shows my ignorance .... but how big of a factor is flood insurance when deciding between lots?
 
Port St Joe beaches are not nearly a sugary as the 30-a beaches, the river really makes the ocean more tannic there as well. The stagnant water in the St. Joe bay scares me a little and the bugs will take you back to their nest in the entire area. Fantastic fishing and shrimping in the area however, our family had a property at Alligator Point from the 70's to 90's and I have fished from Panacea since the 80's.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top