• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wolf on 30A

New posts

liquorqueen

Beach Lover
I just returned from my store (about 10 p.m.) and while driving along 30-A I spotted a lone wolf "trotting" along the bike path. I drove up behind it and followed it about 100-300 yards. It wasn't scared at all until oncoming cars came upon us. It then darted across the street, and I blinked my lights at ongoing cars to watch out for it, and it ran into the woods at Highland Park in BMB. Glad I wasn't taking a night stroll down 30-A! Has anyone else see any wolves along the roads lately?
 
Only cougars.
 
We nearly ran over a coyote right in that very spot a couple of weeks ago. He ran out across 30A. :eek:
 
Coyote. On the prowl for cougars Friday/Saturday nights...:floor:
 
I saw a coyote about a year ago on 395, just south of the Regions bank and north of Canal St. It was about 10:30 at night.
 
Coyote. And they do eat cats. Everyone on my street in Seagrove has lost cats to the coyotes. :cry:
Best to keep your cats in at night. You could still lose one during the day but it is less likely. Actually we have seen fewer coyotes this spriing than last spring, when they were really thick and I lost two cats.
 
Come to think of it, we haven't seen as many either this spring. From our experience with them in Kentucky, they "hunt out" an area, then move on to another, so they may have just moved around SoWal, but not really left.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top