• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Words

New posts
Definitely the "C" word! The "F" word that is british for cigarette too. The word panties - if you are talking about adult undergarments they are underwear, thongs, boxers, etc.

Accents are fun and add flavor ..... adding letters and misspeaking drives me nuts and makes you sound like an uneducated moron! If you are over the age of 7 and don't have a speech impediment, enunciate and use the correct word! It's not cute after that age!

Announcers who mispronounce basic things drive me nuts too - they're on national television, yet don't know how to say the names of states correctly? WTF!
Al Pacino butchered "Ocala", Fl in a movie once.
 
Al Pacino butchered "Ocala", Fl in a movie once.

Did he call it "oak - a - la" ? Hoo-ah!

I'm more forgiving with mispronouncing town names, as there are so many different possibilities and influences. I grew up in an area with many towns etc. with Indian names and never thought anything of it until I had friends from Texas & California home for thanksgiving and they gleefully recited and mispronounced town names for days.
 
The word "anyway" when used to cut someones sentence short and change the subject. Some people were never taught the art of conversation. Anyway how about them bears!
 
Just curious what do you 'pee' peeps call it then? tinkle, wee, urinate? :idontno:
Momma says she :wub: her Toyota Cam-ray. :funn:
ray.jpg
:biggrin: :wub:
 
The word "anyway" when used to cut someones sentence short and change the subject. Some people were never taught the art of conversation. Anyway how about them bears!


Anywhoooo....I'm starting to worry about visiting sowal ...not sure I can live up to speaking all proper and stuff. I'm just saying.
 
Thanks for the welcome!
The goat plunger is hilarious; now everytime she says it I'll picture her plunging the toilet with it and giggle :lol:
"It-ly" and "Eye-talian" are a couple more that come to mind...
One that I catch myself using, and cringe every time I do - "I'm gonna"
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top