Aleo I think this goes all the way back to why we wouldn't elect a President who is Canadian or Mexican. ;-)

[/quote]
From ALeonard --I consider them (PERSONALLY) to not be any different in my mind. If one can appoint (hire) from outside the county then one should be able to run for election as well. But my opinion only counts as a vote. I would be curious if anyone else sees no difference between appointment or hiring and being elected
![]()
[/quote]
That was the only point I was trying to feel out. Why do people view them differently would have been a better way of asking the question




Am I missing something here? Did we just decide today as a community that the rule of law no longer applies?
If someone who is required to be a resident to run is not then they are breaking the law. If you really have a problem with it, go thru the proper (and really long) channels and change it, don't excuse it because they were born here.
For the record SN you'd have to move first, and I doubt that's happening anytime soon.![]()
