• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

yeah, I do love seafood....but

New posts

groveral

Beach Lover
every once in a while, I just require a great cheeseburger....who has the best on 30a?? I have tried/enjoyed Seagrove Market and Shades versions...is there any better I should try?


LOVE THE BEACH and every dern thing about it.....
 
groveral said:
every once in a while, I just require a great cheeseburger....who has the best on 30a?? I have tried/enjoyed Seagrove Market and Shades versions...is there any better I should try?


LOVE THE BEACH and every dern thing about it.....

Number 1 - SnapperHeads
Number 2 - Donut Hole, located very close to 30-A
Number 3 - the Kobe Burger served at Gravel Road in uptown Grayton.
 
My absolute favorite cheeseburger and fry - Smiling Fish... :D (they have good fries, which is a requirement to complete a good burger!!) some of these tourist restaurants have those awful fries that are not real at all - with some kind of outer crust on them - yuck! we will not go to those places because of their poor choice of fries!!!
 
Does Smiling Fish have burgers all the time, or just at lunch, or :confused: Or is there a magic word?

The reason I ask is that hoping to try the famous Smiling Fish, my son and I went there late one afternoon a couple of months back. The menu selections looked fantastic to me, but not to the 13 year old. I asked about burgers or chicken fingers for young people, and the waitress looked at my young teenager and said, "well, only if they are little." I wasn't going to pay $15 - $20 for something he won't eat (yeah, I failed in the not-raising-a-picky-eater department), so we ended up leaving.

Also, my office is ALWAYS on the lookout for burgers, and the closer, the better. :cool:
 
groveral said:
every once in a while, I just require a great cheeseburger....who has the best on 30a?? I have tried/enjoyed Seagrove Market and Shades versions...is there any better I should try?


LOVE THE BEACH and every dern thing about it.....
Coram's - a Waffle House kind of place located on 98, a few miles east of east end of 30A. Couple it with a trip to Home Helpers for hardware and Publix for grub and it's not a wasted drive off of 30A.
 
ShallowsNole said:
Does Smiling Fish have burgers all the time, or just at lunch, or :confused: Or is there a magic word?

The reason I ask is that hoping to try the famous Smiling Fish, my son and I went there late one afternoon a couple of months back. The menu selections looked fantastic to me, but not to the 13 year old. I asked about burgers or chicken fingers for young people, and the waitress looked at my young teenager and said, "well, only if they are little." I wasn't going to pay $15 - $20 for something he won't eat (yeah, I failed in the not-raising-a-picky-eater department), so we ended up leaving.

Also, my office is ALWAYS on the lookout for burgers, and the closer, the better. :cool:

their burger/fry plate is probably around $12 (their prices have increased recently). with drink we're talking $15 or more. fairly average for 30A. maybe a bit more...
 
southof30A said:
Coram's - a Waffle House kind of place located on 98, a few miles east of east end of 30A. Couple it with a trip to Home Helpers for hardware and Publix for grub and it's not a wasted drive off of 30A.


we have always wanted to stop in Coram's - it's not that far. good burgers AND fries???
 
Tootsie said:
their burger/fry plate is probably around $12 (their prices have increased recently). with drink we're talking $15 or more. fairly average for 30A. maybe a bit more...


Wow...I should probably save it for special events. As long as he eats it, I'm cool - as long as my spouse doesn't find out I paid $12 for a burger and fries! ;-)
 
ShallowsNole said:
Wow...I should probably save it for special events. As long as he eats it, I'm cool - as long as my spouse doesn't find out I paid $12 for a burger and fries! ;-)

Donut Hole - $5.95 for Burger and fries (I highly recommend the "home fries")
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top