• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Yellow Fly Bite Remedies?

New posts

BBSeagroveBeach

Beach Comber
Help!! What is best for yellow fly bite? I am itching so bad. Yellow flies suck. What do you use for yellow fly bites?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yellow Fly Bite Remedy

Help!! What is best for yellow fly bite?? I am itching so bad.

This is the only thing I found that works for me, and I have REALLY bad reactions to the little bugger's bite.

Bite and sting relief
Here is a general purpose sting relief for yellow flies. It is also helpful for mosquito, chigger and jellyfish bites.
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup ammonia (Windex is mostly ammonia)
1/3 tsp. papain (meat tenderizer)
1 crushed aspirin
Mix thoroughly and store in refrigerator (be sure to label container). When needed, shake well and apply with cotton swab, and rub briskly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I find that if you simply do not scratch the bite area. Show restraint. It will go away in about a minute. Scratching makes it worse. Honest. Or, at least, it works for me.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top