• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Yellow Lab Found on 395

New posts

Lois

Beach Lover
A friend that lives off of 395 e-mailed the following:

I found a beautiful yellow lab yesterday on 395. He was about to get hit by a car 2 times. He has no collar on ... He seems lost. We walked all over with him. Right now he is in a fence with Watercolor security behind Publix. I'm going this morning to bath him and feed him. I have called the radio station , animal control , emergency vet ... We have signs up and WaterColor has an email out to thier employees.... Could you email people you know to see if any one is looking for this dog. He is too pretty and sweet, I know he must have a home. Let me know,.. Thanks.

Any ideas?
 
Sad. Hope you find his/her owners or worst case you find a good home for the dog. They are beautiful dogs, great with kids, and is missed by his owners I'm sure.

You came to the right place for help. My guess is that thru this board you will directly or indirectly find the owners. The locals on this board will make it happen.

Good luck.
 
Have you had the dog scanned to see if he has a microchip containing owner info? Many puppies have this microchip inserted before they go out to owners now. Scanners are available through Humane Society and other pet rescue facilities, as well as many veterinary offices. Sometimes the chip contains the breeder's name and address, because that is the point of registration. However, breeders keep owner names and the dog's registration will also have the change if they sent in the paperwork. Good luck. Sounds like a really nice pet for someone and I'll bet his owners are just heartbroken. I'm sure you've already alerted the shelters in the area, who would be first on the list for the owners to contact.
 
Thanks Donna, I'll suggest the scanning idea to my friend. Too bad we don't yet have a humane society in the area, I know CARE (Community Animial Rescue Effort of Walton County) is working on that.

Thanks again!
 
A family in Grayton is missing their dog. He's been gone a month or so. They are out of town for Thanksgiving, but I just left them a message to go see if it's theirs. Hope so!
 
ellen said:
A family in Grayton is missing their dog. He's been gone a month or so. They are out of town for Thanksgiving, but I just left them a message to go see if it's theirs. Hope so!

Was that the one we were talking about? And it got away before they could find the owner? I'm going to try and find that thread.
 
Not to be mean-spirited, but this dog would be so much better off in a home where he would be properly cared for. How could someone be missing their dog for a month and not be checking in everywhere? The area is not that big. When I was growing up, lots of familiar dogs wandered the streets of Grayton without collars or tags. But those days are long gone. A wandering dog is all too likely to be hit by a car, especially if they are out at after dark. I hope that dog is in a good new home by now.
 
ellen said:
A family in Grayton is missing their dog. He's been gone a month or so. They are out of town for Thanksgiving, but I just left them a message to go see if it's theirs. Hope so!
:welcome:
 


Thankfully my friend who found the dog has the diehard 30A spirit and paraded throughout Seaside/Seagrove yesterday evening during the Seaside Holiday Parade with a banner tied around her neck and her husband walked around with a large photo of the dog.

They found several ticks on the dog, which they have since removed, and gave him a flea bath, thankfully he wasn't too badly infested.

The dog is still homeless.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top