• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Yianni's closed

New posts

Joyce Owen

SoWal Staff
So very sad. Went by last night and the open signs weren't lit. Sometimes, they forget, but the lights were off.
The note on the door said they couldn't renew their lease and were closed.
We were there Saturday and it was so quiet, probably not 20 diners and few carryouts. It's no surprise that the mom and pop places are really struggling, here's another example. Yianni has been in the restaurant business a long time and if he couldn't handle this severe downturn, who can?
Hopefully the Georgiades will find a way to reopen somewhere else.
 
Very Sad. I went there every Friday night for the Yanni Burger, the Calamari, or one of their incredible salads. The part I will really miss is having the option of bringing my own wine to a local restaurant, for the life of me I don't think there are any others on 30A that do that.

Yanni and his wonderful and "clean" restaurant will be missed by this SoWaller.!:cry:
 
OOOOOOOH!!! NOOOOOO!!!:cry::cry::cry: We love Yianni's:wub:. I'm just sorry we were not in Sowal enough to make a difference. I hope they can find another even better location.
 
Very Sad. I went there every Friday night for the Yanni Burger, the Calamari, or one of their incredible salads. The part I will really miss is having the option of bringing my own wine to a local restaurant, for the life of me I don't think there are any others on 30A that do that.

Yanni and his wonderful and "clean" restaurant will be missed by this SoWaller.!:cry:

Many restaurants will let you do this, there may be a corkage fee involved, but most places are perfectly happy to let you bring your own.
 
We were there Friday night - they had a good crowd.

I hope this is a bad joke!!!

The Yianni burger is a favorite of mine!!!
 
There's hope

The latest is that Yianni hopes to find another place and open sometime in February.
As to bringing wine, he allowed his customers to bring any adult beverage, no fee. I don't think anyone else on 30A does that. We've even seen folks roll in coolers filled with beer!
For us it wasn't just a place to dine, but to meet first-timers and rave about the Yianni burger or urge them to try the carrot cake. In the fall, it was the perfect place to catch up with friends who were venturing out once the tourists were gone.
It was, and hopefully will be again, a locals place that we will gladly share.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top