• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

You have never heard this one before.....

New posts

Biff

Beach Fanatic

Hello all; My very first post. been reading the board and posts now for a while. First off, I am grateful to have found your internet community and do look forward to taking part in your forums/communications.

I have been coming to SoWal for 20 plus years; my wife and her family started in the 60's, in Destin... most recently my wife and I are very appreciative of the Grayton-Seaside H20 Color and Rosemary beach area.

To prelude my question/poll; we plan on re-locating to SoWal in a short while. I am a business owner in the Midwest and looking at different options to support our "habit".... and living where we really do want to live.....

Question: What services/business/offerings would you like to see in your area... For example... we never can find a REALLY GOOD pizza Delivery service while on vacation in SoWal... MOST likely because we don't have the "in" or have been properly informed of such....... (:floor: ) THIS IS only an example. However; what do you feel the community is lacking in and what would you like to have whether it be in food service; professional services; entertainment;Better yet; what do you feel that there is an over abundance of... or otherwise????

Thanks!!!!

BIff
​

 
:welcome:
Not sure if you were serious about the pizza business, but being a born and bred New Yorker, I can honestly say that so far any pizza I have had In SoWal does not come close to New York Pizza. Perhaps I have not hit the right spots yet, and have yet to try Amore's I heard that just opened in SRB.
I am sure some SoWalers will tell me I am wrong, but only do if you have had a New York Pizza :lol:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you and your decision to "make the move".
 


Mango......... In a joking type of sarcastic way; I was some what serious... We have stayed as far north as Ft. W. and as far south as Inlet; we have never really found a "Delivery Pizza" establishment that compares to our liking, (NY style, Sicilian; Shy-town),,,,,, I CANT wait to try Amore's in Sept. when we are down... YUMMY!!!!!!!!


B-
Mango said:
:welcome:
Not sure if you were serious about the pizza business, but being a born and bred New Yorker, I can honestly say that so far any pizza I have had In SoWal does not come close to New York Pizza. Perhaps I have not hit the right spots yet, and have yet to try Amore's I heard that just opened in SRB.
I am sure some SoWalers will tell me I am wrong, but only do if you have had a New York Pizza :lol:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you and your decision to "make the move".
 
A laundrymat...honestly, the folks I was with and I just last week said that would be a GREAT business in the 30-A area. If I had the capital, that is what I would do!!!!!
 
kathydwells said:
A laundrymat...honestly, the folks I was with and I just last week said that would be a GREAT business in the 30-A area. If I had the capital, that is what I would do!!!!!

That's the business that Mango's husband is in, I think. Mr. and Mrs. Mango could open a whole slew of laundromats in SoWal and make a killing!
 
:funn: How bout a "Pizza Delivery/Laundry/Beer to Go" .... Hmmmmmmmmmm I think we are on to something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Mermaid said:
That's the business that Mango's husband is in, I think. Mr. and Mrs. Mango could open a whole slew of laundromats in SoWal and make a killing!
 
kathydwells said:
A laundrymat...honestly, the folks I was with and I just last week said that would be a GREAT business in the 30-A area. If I had the capital, that is what I would do!!!!!

Kathy, my hubby has been in the laundromat business for 20+ years. He builds them, repairs the washers, and computer boards on the Wascomat machines, basically everything is called by manufacturers to critique new machines etc. He gets calls all the time from people asking his opinion if they shoudl buy a landromat or not and he just needs to look at the numbers it's doing, rents, water bills, electric or gas and he can tell if a place is posting the right numbers or fudging it.

The reason you don't see laundromats in the area is that they probably are not profitable, as well as it being a seasonal business. Not to mention that it will get extremely warm from the dryers, and you have to air condition the place. Not something done here in New York.
We have thought about it because we want to locate to the area and build a house on my lot, but concerned about the profitability of owning them. We have heard they come and go. Unfortunately some people go into that business without any experience and we have heard that people have seen them come and go in the area as a result.
 
Mermaid said:
That's the business that Mango's husband is in, I think. Mr. and Mrs. Mango could open a whole slew of laundromats in SoWal and make a killing!

I posted without seeing your post Mermaid!
Mr.Mango says if we did that, I wouldn't have to fish for my dinner for 4-or 5 months of the year. What will I eat during off season? ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top