• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

young people

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.

egrp

Beach Lover
i am in my late 20s and am moving soon for a job, tell me the demographics of this area, is it totally devoid of young professional types?
thx
 
egrp said:
i am in my late 20s and am moving soon for a job, tell me the demographics of this area, is it totally devoid of young professional types?
thx

I was in my mid 20s when I lived there. And I just left. Where are you going to be living? I was living in Destin (where I was working) and spent my time between Sowal and Destin. I had friends down there- but they weren't necessarily "professionals". They worked on the beach, had misc. jobs. Not that there is anything wrong with that...but the chance of finding a 20 something to discuss the market with may be a little tricky. In my opinon.

If you go into Destin...there is a group that meets that is throught the Chamber of Commerce. It's a young professionals group that was really nice. They have luncheons, socials, ect.

What kind of work are you doing?
 
development, not sure where i'm going to live yet, sowal sounds great, but may not be practical for someone in my age and point in life, destin could be an option. thx for your help
 
There are young professionals, most of whom are realtors. South Walton is a small place, so it will be easy to get to know them. We need more - so welcome.
 
WaltonUndercurrent said:
There are young professionals, most of whom are realtors. South Walton is a small place, so it will be easy to get to know them. We need more - so welcome.


Hmmmmm.....
 
egrp said:
development, not sure where i'm going to live yet, sowal sounds great, but may not be practical for someone in my age and point in life, destin could be an option. thx for your help

I would live close to work. I wanted to live in Sowal and threw a fit when my dad basically forced me to rent in Destin. But it wasn't so bad. It's like the "big city".

There is definitely more of a "scene" in Destin. Get on the comp list at Rockstar and you will have "arrived".

You'll have fun though.
 
If you're working there...live down there. It's a 20 or so minute drive. It'll save you lots in gas.
 
Landlocked said:
Hmmmmm.....

I am going to get my realtor's liscense....not to old to start a new profession!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top