• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Your Trade?

New posts
Thanks MINNIE! I'd like to keep the trade posts going, as it seems already there are some great opportunities. Please help by sending this thread to those you think may be interested in posting business ideas.

I need building materials for a deck and would develop marketing collateral in trade for those materials- including photography, brochures, strategy sessions, ad design-- and I can design websites but would need some cash for the code designer.

My favorite work I designed recently was Owl's Head. Before that, my other favorite, the 'Came to Play, Stayed for Life' Campaign for Sandestin.
Keep posting trades!
:clap:
 
I've had tenants for the last 20 years, and have often said, " Just take it to the Walline place and drop it off!" That's how I've felt at least! I inherited 4 estates, and boy did they collect stuff! My grandmother was into Silver Jewelry, antiques, and stuff, maybe someone is interested in a trade? Big silver bracelets, rings, etc? China? Oil and watercolor paintings? I'd like a space somewhere to set up my photos, and I have a rental that needs a new roof. How about children's books?
 
Let's team up and offer a two-fer. Mine is a great eye-roller. Surely somebody needs an eye rolling 15 year old.:roll:


when mine was 15, i told him he would be grounded if he rolled his eyes at me one more time - which he promptly did. when i told him he was grounded, he said "i didn't roll my eyes. i just flexed my retinas." obnoxious child.
 
I've had tenants for the last 20 years, and have often said, " Just take it to the Walline place and drop it off!" That's how I've felt at least! I inherited 4 estates, and boy did they collect stuff! My grandmother was into Silver Jewelry, antiques, and stuff, maybe someone is interested in a trade? Big silver bracelets, rings, etc? China? Oil and watercolor paintings? I'd like a space somewhere to set up my photos, and I have a rental that needs a new roof. How about children's books?
florida girl - why not drop it all of at one of those ebay seller places? let them handle the sales and take their cut - worth it! easy!
 
florida girl - why not drop it all of at one of those ebay seller places? let them handle the sales and take their cut - worth it! easy!

Hard to know what to keep for posterity, and what to sell! I've tried numerous ways, but still not found a successful outlet. My mother would just buy another house to put it in! I've already gone through much of it, and when I had another roof put on, I got an attic to store stuff. We are so far from a larger metro to have a big museum, etc, that it's hard to get appraisals, and finding buyers that know it's worth.
 
when mine was 15, i told him he would be grounded if he rolled his eyes at me one more time - which he promptly did. when i told him he was grounded, he said "i didn't roll my eyes. i just flexed my retinas." obnoxious child.

I found a neat trick for those of us with adolescents and teenagers. ROLL YOUR EYES BACK AT THEM, when they talk about things they really, really want or things they expect you to do! Not frequently enough to alienate them, of course (after all, we do have to be the adults here) but pick your moments.

Just for a moment, you will see the "gee, is she actually not my personal servant and chauffer?" realization in his eyes. But then he will blink and things will be back to normal.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top