• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Zoning/Major development sign at Alys

New posts

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Anyone know what's going on at Alys Beach? I saw a walton county development meeting notice posted in Alys today.
 
I own property within so many feet of Alys. I received a notice. I cant remember all the details and threw my papers away. I believe that it was something about them wanting to build 4 stories...
 
I own property within so many feet of Alys. I received a notice. I cant remember all the details and threw my papers away. I believe that it was something about them wanting to build 4 stories...

Exceeding 50 feet? You can build as many floors as you want, as long as the roof doesn't exceed 50 feet.
 
Exceeding 50 feet? You can build as many floors as you want, as long as the roof doesn't exceed 50 feet.

We have a conforming 4-story condo right behind our house. :( I don't know why 4 stories would require a variance or hearing. Maybe it's setbacks. Or something minor. I know the wonderful folks at Alys would not design a big building to sit 17 feet from some little cottage's back porch. I have faith in them. :wave:
 
A few months ago in the Alys Gazette, I saw plans for the beach club on the south side of 30A. I believe that was a 4 story project.

Little Fish
 
I own property within so many feet of Alys. I received a notice. I cant remember all the details and threw my papers away. I believe that it was something about them wanting to build 4 stories...

Yep IBD, I just heard it was height too. I was told that they came in originally with lower buildings on that side and now they want to raise them. I was in the parent zone when all this was happening and didn't really read the letter but I certainly don't want them cutting off my view. Anyone have an update on this from alys or anywhere?
 
In the Alys sales office, the model of the beachclub/town center/condo village looks to have 3 to 4 stories in various places. This will all be located beginning behind the Hilton house and continuing on to where they are currently building. The beach club is supposed to have some sort of "boardwalk" along the dune line
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top