• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

30A needs a face lift

New posts
Not being wide enough in the first place is likely why the paint isn't being replenished. It makes the road look wider than it really is. Maybe someone won't notice and force the county to widen it which would start a battle as to who should pay for it. Perhaps the people who have homes touching the road should foot the bill and then lose out on their property line as well........starts to smell like a beach sand issue, huh? OOPS! Did I just say that...
:funn:
 
Not being wide enough in the first place is likely why the paint isn't being replenished. It makes the road look wider than it really is. Maybe someone won't notice and force the county to widen it which would start a battle as to who should pay for it. Perhaps the people who have homes touching the road should foot the bill and then lose out on their property line as well........starts to smell like a beach sand issue, huh? OOPS! Did I just say that...
:funn:
Good one!;-)
 
There is right of way enough there to widen 30a. I believe there is even enough to widen it AND add a second bike path on the other side. But the county has not been consistent about defending their right of way. They have allowed many properties that front 30a to encroach upon the right of way.
The maintenance of the bike path has not been exactly wonderful so I guess it is to be expected that the road itself wouldn't be well maintained either. :bang:
 
Not being wide enough in the first place is likely why the paint isn't being replenished. It makes the road look wider than it really is. Maybe someone won't notice and force the county to widen it which would start a battle as to who should pay for it. Perhaps the people who have homes touching the road should foot the bill and then lose out on their property line as well........starts to smell like a beach sand issue, huh? OOPS! Did I just say that...
:funn:

And, if they HAVE to widen the roads, then the prescribed distance required by the S. Walton sign code enforcement would mean the big Blue signs would then be in violation, and have to be moved also.....hmmm are you thinking what I am thinking?
 
And, if they HAVE to widen the roads, then the prescribed distance required by the S. Walton sign code enforcement would mean the big Blue signs would then be in violation, and have to be moved also.....hmmm are you thinking what I am thinking?


I believe that government signs are exempt from the code.
 
I?ve noticed the striping problem driving east from Rt. 395 toward the Tom Thumb store. You can be out there at night and not know where in Hell you are! It?s extremely :eek: dangerous if it?s slightly foggy, as it often is.
 
Last edited:
I only drive a couple of miles to and from work (Dune Allen to Blue Mountain Bch) I'm wondering if there are other areas on 30A that are in this bad of shape?

just curious? :idontno:
 
I posted this thread 2-13-08 and I have to commend the county on their effort and quick action pertaining to the re-stripping of 30A.
You can see the beginning of a new face lift starting on the west end of 30A.

It's amazing what a little makeup will due! ;-)

Looks "Grayt" guys...................:clap:
 
That's interesting since they said they were going to start on the east end. I've yet to see a stripe. I guess they wizened up and decided to wait until after we had the rush of spring breakers. They better paint fast because Atlanta high school spring break is next week.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top