• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Amazing People!

New posts

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
My friend Wendy Prentice, who paints really funn mermaids (her art is at Gulf Place in the back in the little art shops) sent this email to me this morning. It brought tears to my ears. One person can make a difference! This kid is just 26 years old! Be sure to tune in. Here is her email, his link is:

http://www.plantingpeace.org/


No new mermaids today, but I have something MUCH more special to share...

My precious, precious son, Aaron Jackson, has been selected to be one of CNN's Heroes! Yes, CNN!!!!! Yes, HERO!!!!!

His story (a four minute documentary!) will be presented by Anderson Cooper on the Anderson Cooper Show, August 15 between 10pm and 12pm EST. If you miss the segment, it will also air several times throughout the day on August 21 and again on August 25 (his 26th birthday!). If you miss that, the video will be posted on CNN's website. If you miss that... well, I am sure I will have lots of copies!!!!

As many of you already know, Aaron has devoted his life to helping the hungry, homeless and HIV infected children of Haiti. He started his first foundation, the Chick Grant Foundation, six years ago and now runs and supports three orphanages in Haiti and has recently opened an orphanage in Ecuador and a homeless center in Guatemala. Two years ago, Aaron started a de-worming project in Haiti, the subject of the CNN documentary, and has now de-wormed 1.5 million Haitians!

I could go on and on... his story is incredible and his acts of love so selfless. He has touched and bettered the lives of so many children and his work has only just begun! He is a special soul and I feel very, very blessed to have such a loving and wonderful son.... truly blessed.

And proud!!! Oh my gosh, I don't even have the words to describe just how proud of him I am. (Tear, tear, lump in the throat, tear, tear!) I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD!!!!

One person can make a difference.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE AND BRAG!!!

Wendy
 
My friend Wendy Prentice, who paints really funn mermaids (her art is at Gulf Place in the back in the little art shops) sent this email to me this morning. It brought tears to my ears. One person can make a difference! This kid is just 26 years old! Be sure to tune in. Here is her email, his link is:

http://www.plantingpeace.org/


No new mermaids today, but I have something MUCH more special to share...

My precious, precious son, Aaron Jackson, has been selected to be one of CNN's Heroes! Yes, CNN!!!!! Yes, HERO!!!!!


His story (a four minute documentary!) will be presented by Anderson Cooper on the Anderson Cooper Show, August 15 between 10pm and 12pm EST. If you miss the segment, it will also air several times throughout the day on August 21 and again on August 25 (his 26th birthday!). If you miss that, the video will be posted on CNN's website. If you miss that... well, I am sure I will have lots of copies!!!!

As many of you already know, Aaron has devoted his life to helping the hungry, homeless and HIV infected children of Haiti. He started his first foundation, the Chick Grant Foundation, six years ago and now runs and supports three orphanages in Haiti and has recently opened an orphanage in Ecuador and a homeless center in Guatemala. Two years ago, Aaron started a de-worming project in Haiti, the subject of the CNN documentary, and has now de-wormed 1.5 million Haitians!

I could go on and on... his story is incredible and his acts of love so selfless. He has touched and bettered the lives of so many children and his work has only just begun! He is a special soul and I feel very, very blessed to have such a loving and wonderful son.... truly blessed.

And proud!!! Oh my gosh, I don't even have the words to describe just how proud of him I am. (Tear, tear, lump in the throat, tear, tear!) I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD!!!!

One person can make a difference.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE AND BRAG!!!

Wendy

I will be sure to tune in and watch -I spent 2 summers once working in Haiti and it is a tough place but people there are beautiful, sharing and in much need of help! Sounds like her son has accomplished quite a lot and she should be very very proud!
 
I will be sure to tune in and watch -I spent 2 summers once working in Haiti and it is a tough place but people there are beautiful, sharing and in much need of help! Sounds like her son has accomplished quite a lot and she should be very very proud!

It absolutely amazes me! She has so very much to be proud of and so does he. I am that one person, I can make a difference! If we would just all say and do this.
 
What an incredible feat and such selflish actions for such a young man. :clap:
 
Wow. Just Wow!:clap:
 
After having to endure the likes of Paris, Nicole, Britney and Lindsey, isn't it a great breath of fresh air to hear about our youth who actually matter!:clap:
 
Wow! What an amazing young man! Beachbummett, thank you for sharing your friend's message :wub: What a stellar accomplishment at such a young age! Wendy, has every right to brag! I'm looking forward to watching CNN's presentation on Aug 15.
 
The world needs more of this.:cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top