• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Amazing People!

New posts
The world needs more of this.:cool:

So true...plus, we need to hear about good things that are happening!

I love hearing from a proud mama!!! :clap:
 
Kudos to that young man for doing something that's not very glamorous, in a place that's not very beautiful, but doing it nonetheless because he has a heart that's full of love. Hurrah for Aaron!! :clap:
 
oops... I had the wrong date! The date of Aaron's CNN Heroes deput is AUGUST 16. (not the 15th). Guess I got a little excited!

So...
Anderson Cooper 360
August 16
10 pm 12 pm EST

Thank you for all of your kind words! They made me smile! :D

Aaron's proud mom,
Wendy
 
Wow, Wendy. We definitely need more people around like your son. I'll be watching the show with the kids -- he'll be a great role model.
 
Wendy, Occasionally I watch Glenn Beck & Nancy Grace and the Heroes segment is always shown during the last 5 or 10 minutes of their shows too.
Congrats to you...I'm sure you couldn't be prouder and many thanks to people like Aaron who give of themselves so freely. There is a special place in Heaven for these individuals....that's right up there with Mother Theresa! ;-)
 
A special mom raises a special child!!!!!:clap:
Heart warming!:wub:
 
oops... I had the wrong date! The date of Aaron's CNN Heroes deput is AUGUST 16. (not the 15th). Guess I got a little excited!

So...
Anderson Cooper 360
August 16
10 pm 12 pm EST

Thank you for all of your kind words! They made me smile! :D

Aaron's proud mom,
Wendy

:welcome: :welcome: mermaid art! You have so very much to be proud of.
Now...post some more! Use one of your grayt mermaid painting as your avatar.
 
UGH!!! ANOTHER CHANGE IN THE AIR DATE !!!
It will air on the Anderson Cooper 360 Show on AUGUST 23!
Thanks for all of your kind words!!!
 
It's official.... I am now the proud mother of a CNN HERO!

Yesterday, September 11, CNN posted Aaron's story and video on the CNN website. At one point during the day, it was the fifth most viewed article and the ninth most viewed video for the day.... Well, I am sure you can all imagine how that happened! Not only am I soooooooooooooo proud, I am officially a CNN website stalker!

The response was tremendous. Aaron received hundreds of emails offering words of encouragement and financial contributions... both being offerings that will further him along in reaching his goal of de-worming the world! Being honored in such a way has been so incredibly meaningful to Aaron, but bringing awareness to the needs of the Haitian children and to their horrendous living conditions is really what he has wanted most from this experience. After reading through some of the emails he received yesterday, I can say that he is another huge step closer to reaching his goals! People are good.

And then last night, during the Anderson Cooper 360 Show, Aaron Jackson (FINALLY) made his television debut as a CNN HERO! To all of you who know him, I know you are as proud of him as I am. To those of you who do not know him, with the biasness of a mother (I admit), the segment truly captured his spirit, his selflessness, his devotion, and the love he has for 'his' children. The segment made me cry but he makes me smile!

To all of you who have TEVO'ed Anderson Cooper's show so many times that you now feel you have a close personal relationship with Anderson, I appreciate it. I have loved reading your emails and laughing at your jokes at the expense of my CNN hero mom-wrong dates-postponed segment-insanity. You have been great! You have made all of this that much more fun!

OK.... one last plug....
The segment will air again on CNN and CNN Headline News throughout the day on September 18th and September 22nd!
You can also view the segment on CNN's website.... www.cnn.com/hero . I can't send you the direct link to the video, as the page flashes from hero to hero. So... you may have to do a little digging and clicking, but both videos are there. One is titled "CNN HERO: Aaron Jackson" and the other is titled "Safe Havens in Haiti".

If any of you are interested in learning more about his foundation and/or how you can help, please visit his website www.plantingpeace.org

Again, thank you for all of your love and your support.... this has been one heck of a ride! Thanks for taking it with me!

Wendy
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top