• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

amore' - a pizzeria

New posts
I happened to sit next to Matt - a chef at Amore - on my return flight from California over Christmas. Nice guy. Quiet. FYI, he said he was working on a catering menu to be available the first of the year. Yum! :drool:
 
scrltbegonya said:
I happened to sit next to Matt - a chef at Amore - on my return flight from California over Christmas. Nice guy. Quiet. FYI, he said he was working on a catering menu to be available the first of the year. Yum! :drool:
Matt was working yesterday. I think he prepared the food in the photo, and did a fine job in my opinion. :clap_1:
 
SJ, did you eat that whole pizza all by yourself or did you share? It sure does look good, and the salad lookies so yummy!!!!
 
kathydwells said:
SJ, did you eat that whole pizza all by yourself or did you share? It sure does look good, and the salad lookies so yummy!!!!
Oh, I have been known to down some big Pizza Pies, but I shared a couple of slices of this pie with a cute red head. ;-)

Here is a mouth-watering photo for you salad lovers.
 
Last edited:
the pizzas are pretty good - but all the ones that have meat on them are $14 and up, which is really high for a 10" pizza I think - they're not big enough to share if you have a healthy appetite and two people ordering two pizzas and couple cups of wine will have a $60 or higher bill with tip - too high for a few slices of pizza and house wine in my opinion.

Pheasant Sausage wood-grilled pizza with Sweet Corn Puree, Crisp Pancetta, Poblano Peppers, Portabellos, Grated Muenster - $13 at cafethirtya

mellow mushroom 10" mighty meaty is $12 compared to their carne pizza with ham and pepperoni which is $17. You can get a Delmonico at Pandora's with a baked potato and salad for that!

for comparison


That's just me though.
 
Last edited:
Oh my!

Just ate at Amore and wow was it good! I'm pregnant - so of course I am appreciating food like never before.

I had the salad, which was made with fresh mozarella and was fabulous, and then the pepperoni pizza. YUM!

The salad had an excellent balsamic dressing and was prepared with fresh herbs.

By the by - I noticed on the menu that the pizza's aren't 10-inch, they are all at least 12-inches and are 8 slices per pizza. Even for a pregnant chick, I still had enough to split with my husband and bring home lunch for tomorrow.

So good ...
 
Mellow mushroom is expensive mediocre chain pizza. Beware of any eatery where you can more easily procure the t-shirt than the food.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top