• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Another sad accident in SoWal

New posts

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
I am not the one with all the details but a young lady from sowal, 20 years old I think, died yesterday. Her name is Briana Murphy, I think. She and her mom were in an accident Monday night and she died Tuesday. If anyone has more facts and a link to the newspaper please post it. I can't find anything.
So sad!!! My girls know the Murphy's. We saw them on our way to the beach at Grayton this weekend. :(
 
How awful and so sad. Have not heard of this accident but will post anything I do hear. I get goose bumps every time I hear the medic helicopter flying over..wondering what has happened this time. :( Thoughts and prayers for the family.
 
:( How sad. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers!
 
I hate to hear when a young life is cut short, my thoughts are with the family.
 
any report on this?? :( :( :( :( :(
 
We only almost got in a head-on collision once this past weekend (oncoming truck on 331, cut in our lane to make a left in front of us but for some reason chose to make the 'turn' about 20 yards early and cruised right at us for most of the turn-missed by about 300 feet). What is up with the insane driving? :idontno:
 
steele mama said:
I am not the one with all the details but a young lady from sowal, 20 years old I think, died yesterday. Her name is Briana Murphy, I think. She and her mom were in an accident Monday night and she died Tuesday. If anyone has more facts and a link to the newspaper please post it. I can't find anything.
So sad!!! My girls new the Murphy's. We saw them on our way to the beach at Grayton this weekend. :(

A friend of mine that's a Walton county cop just stopped by and he hadn't heard anything but said since he's not on the street anymore, he doesn't know a lot about accidents. He said if he'll ask around and let me know. I couldn't find anything online but I'm very sorry Steele Mama. What a terrible thing. Any idea what hospital she went to. Can ask another friend if they took her to Sacred Heart. My condolences. :(
 
We are so saddened to notify you of the tragic death of beautiful, young, sweet Brianna Murphy, the 23-year old daughter of Bob and Pat Murphy (past president of this Neighborhood Association). Brianna and Pat were on their way back to Tallahassee on Monday morning to have Brianna finish her last classes prior to graduation this August from FSU when tragedy struck. The truck they were driving experienced a blown tire and control of the vehicle was lost. The truck reportedly rolled several times into the median strip on I-10 near Chipley, Florida. Pat was taken to the Chipley Hospital and Brianna was life-flighted to Dothan. Bob and Matt, their 20 year-old son, who attends Fordham University in New York, arrived in Dothan later that day. Pat was released from the hospital in Chipley to be with the family in Dothan on Tuesday. Brianna was pronounced dead Tuesday afternoon having suffered serious brain injuries. Pat has at least four broken ribs and is unable to walk at this time.

Visitation at the Clary-Glenn Funeral Home (150 Hwy 20 E, 850-835-2511) in Freeport is scheduled for 6-8PM on Thursday and Friday evenings July 6th and 7th. The Funeral service will be held at St. Rita's Catholic Church (Father Tom, 137 Moll Dr., Santa Rosa Beach, 850-267-2558) on Saturday July 8th at 11 am.

Requests have been made for housing for family and friends coming to the Grayton area to attend services and be with the Murphys. If you have accommodations, please contact Russell and Hariett Gentry at 231-5386 to coordinate. Melissa Breaux is handling food requests and she can be reached at 231-1629.

The Murphy family will be arriving in Grayton on Wednesday afternoon, and our thoughts and prayers are with them.
 
For those of you wanting to send the Murphy's your condolences, etc., here is their address:

Bob and Pat Murphy
42 Lydia Avenue
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top