• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Another terrible accident

New posts

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Around 5pm yesterday I saw one of the worst accidents at the 98 and 395 intersection. I don't know what happened it had already occurred as I rode by but one car was so damaged I don't know how anyone could have survived. The roof of the car was ripped off and I could not even make out the type of car. These traffic lights have done some good but there still appears to major problems at this intersection. To all, be very cautious.
 
How horrible...and too close to home....:( :(

ALWAYS take care at these intersections! Look both ways even if the light is green!
 
I came by as the rescue and fire vehicles were leaving, and it was still a mess, with emergency lights flashing, traffic stopped, at least two cars crashed, one unrecognizeable. It is not just this intersection which is so dangerous. 283/98 is just as terrible.

The two memorial, "Drive Safely" signs posted on the side of the road at that intersection, which honor the two locals killed last year on their way to work, obviously were not read by someone in this wreck. How quickly we forget the lessons being taught -- some still very obvious if we choose to see them.


P8170011_254364.JPG
 
This is so sad. Such a tragedy that can be avoided if everyone would slow down and be careful on the roads. Take care Sowallers.
 
I had a near death experience last week while at the 98/395 intersection. I was at the light on 395 just starting to turn west onto 98 when I heard a LOUD horn blaring coming from the right. I turn and look. A Coca-Cola truck comes flying through the intersection probably 5 to 10 seconds after his light had turned red. The truck never even slowed. It would have killed my whole family if he had been a few seconds later.
 
1 RULE...


Drive by the TRAFFIC, not the lights.......... Hate to hear these stories. Clearing the intersection before you proceed will increase your chances of being almost "wiped out"....

Good job Paige....

"How quickly we forget the lessons being taught" AMEN SJ!!!!!!!!!!
 
So sad and particularly scary for us because we were right near there around that time coming in from the airport so we must have just missed it by minutes... And I was still thinking of the accident from last time as I was driving.
 
The traffic lights have helped greatly but people still have too look at what traffic is doing. There will always be wrecks at intersections. Does anyone have more info on the outcome of victims?
 
Awful. I almost got hit by a Mack Truck that came barreling thru the Sandestin light once. Those big trucks just really scare the crap out of me. Now, I always look before I cross, even at the green light.
 
It makes me sad and furious, too, to hear about accidents like this. My daughter and I had an experience on Wednesday that was just like Paige's, which is horribly unnerving, and only goes to show all states have problems with intersections.

Aren't there any traffic signs out there that say something to the effect that drivers are approaching a dangerous intersection and they should exercise caution? Something needs to be done because the traffic lights alone at 395/98 aren't doing it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top