• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Anyone ever walked all 26 miles?

New posts

Panhandler

Beach Lover
Anyone want to? I'm thinking about hiking it one of these lazy weekends...From Miramar to Inlet and beyond!!
 
About a year ago I was doing great on the exercise front - I would park at a different beach access each day and walk to (and back from) the next. Because of the round trips, I can say that I've walked from Topsail Park to Camp Helen Park, twice. All of the different stretches of beach are different, and I've seen every house and condo along 30A from the beach side.
 
Panhandler said:
Anyone want to? I'm thinking about hiking it one of these lazy weekends...From Miramar to Inlet and beyond!!

On the beach, in the sand, in one day?

You must be in outstanding shape. My right calve muscle just exploded thinking about doing that.
 
Panhandler, how long do you think it would take? We've walked from Seagrove Beach to Grayton Beach and it took us an hour. I don't know what the distance is mileage-wise, though.

My goal is to bicycle the entire length of the path on 30-A but I think we'll wait until the Christmas holidays to try that. Much cooler.
 
If I ever volunteer to walk 26 mile then you'll know the bodysnatchers have arrived and I am a "pod" person.
 
Mermaid said:
Panhandler, how long do you think it would take? We've walked from Seagrove Beach to Grayton Beach and it took us an hour. I don't know what the distance is mileage-wise, though.

My goal is to bicycle the entire length of the path on 30-A but I think we'll wait until the Christmas holidays to try that. Much cooler.

:roll: ...and I will drive the 26 miles and wave at you!
 
I wouldn't imagine it would take longer than two days if you stay in the wet sand. I'll sleep under somebody's walkover and have a ride waiting on the other end. I just thought it might be neat - if I do it - I'll post pics...
 
Panhandler said:
I wouldn't imagine it would take longer than two days if you stay in the wet sand. I'll sleep under somebody's walkover and have a ride waiting on the other end. I just thought it might be neat - if I do it - I'll post pics...

Wrong, SJ will post pictures of you :funn:
 
Mermaid said:
My goal is to bicycle the entire length of the path on 30-A but I think we'll wait until the Christmas holidays to try that. Much cooler.
I want to do that, too. PM me, gull, wheni t gets closer to that time. Warning: I'm a conservative biker after running over a rock and wiping out, requiring a hospital visit. So Dr. BR and I might not be fast enough for you and Merman.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top