• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Anyone use embarq??

New posts
Ive been thinking about switching my service from mediacom to embarq. What do you all think about that? I have had nothing but problems with mediacom. My phone and internet go out every single day! Its getting to be really frustrating. I already checked with cox and they dont service my area. any info about embarq would be greatly appreciated. I would get dish network, their phone and internet.


The consistent problem I have seen with Embarq is that they are very hard to convince they have a problem, when they do have a problem. Their tech support is sort of like the India Dell people. Put in your restore disk and start over and then let us know. But once it gets up and working it does a pretty good job. If you do actually end up with a bad modem in the future, it sometimes takes a few days to get you a new one, then if that does not work, you add a few more days to see a tech onsite. But just my experience.
 
I have a little secret. When I was getting my showroom setup, the service person had to go get additional information for my connection and gave me a cell number to reach her at. I dialed that sucker right into my phone and now when I need them, I call her cell direct. Only needed them once and she was there in 15 minutes with her truck. :biggrin:
 
I have a little secret. When I was getting my showroom setup, the service person had to go get additional information for my connection and gave me a cell number to reach her at. I dialed that sucker right into my phone and now when I need them, I call her cell direct. Only needed them once and she was there in 15 minutes with her truck. :biggrin:


Well of course. My office shares a wall with Embarq. So I have little problem on my stuff. But my clients on the other hand.......but I have solved most of the problem around town, been switching them all to Brighthouse. My experience with them is nothing but good.
 
Well of course. My office shares a wall with Embarq. So I have little problem on my stuff. But my clients on the other hand.......but I have solved most of the problem around town, been switching them all to Brighthouse. My experience with them is nothing but good.

Wish we had the Brighthouse option here. Have it at my house in Paxton, just the TV cable.....much better than mediacom.
 
Well of course. My office shares a wall with Embarq. So I have little problem on my stuff. But my clients on the other hand.......but I have solved most of the problem around town, been switching them all to Brighthouse. My experience with them is nothing but good.

Does Brighthouse have anything in Point Washington of 395? I think Embarq is the only game in town there.
 
I use Embarq for home phone and internet and have no complaints. I tried the bundled package from Mediacom and it was horrible!!!! The internet service was constantly down. I finally had enough when I called customer service for an interruption in service and they kept telling me something was wrong with my computer so that's when I switched to Embarq. I haven't had any problems since then and thats been about 2 years ago.
 
I have Embarq as well, for both internet and land line. I've never had any problems with either. As for customer service... The only time I needed it they were there when promised and fixed the problem. SO - I've had good luck all around with them (knock on wood!).
 
Before we had Embarq, we had WildBlue Satellite. (Mediacom isn't available at my house.) Wildblue and teenage internet usage are not compatible. I also didn't like my internet going out when it rained or was foggy, as we have the same issue with our TV and I like to follow a doppler radar when the weather gets bad.

We are happy with Embarq on the computer with the DSL "gateway," but the little 2-Wire thingy they give you to establish a wireless connection to a second desktop is a POS. Actually, the 2-Wire might be OK; it's Windows Vista that's a POS. We have to re-install or repair the 2-Wire driver on our Vista system about twice a week.

On the main computer, though, we are more than pleased. :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top