• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Asking for SoWaller's Prayers

New posts
Hey- any news about Doug & Kathy? We need an update! I don't know if Kat has computer access or not?
 
Last edited:
Hey- any news about Doug & Kathy? We need an update! I don't know if Kat has computer access or not?

:wave: Good Morning My Friends!

First I must thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts. YOU kept us strong. Minnie found me in the surgery waiting room and made my day by calling me. How funny to be sitting there with everyone and hear, "Is there a Kat in here"? I answered the phone and heard the voice of a SoWaller. It was so comforting and took the edge off! Thank you Minnie!!!!!

It's been a long 24 hours. The Doctor said Doug's surgery was more involved then he thought. What was supposed to take 2 hours took 4. You can imagine my thoughts as we entered hour 3 and 1/2 with no word. I won't go into a lot of details except to say the "cushion" between C 6-7 was no longer herniated it had burst! Fragments of it were stuck in his spinal cord and nerves. He had to pull out each fragment and do a major clean up in addition to the expected procedures. Doug is extremely uncomfortable and did not come out of the anesthesia easily. He has been sedated and as of this morning HAS NOT sat up or walked yet....which is really bothering me.

Waiting for the Doctor to come in this morning and will get back to everyone as soon as I can.

:wub: Kat
 
Praying hard Kat. Take care sweet girl and keep us posted. We are thinking of you.:wub:
 
Kat - thanks for the update. I hate to hear that it was more involved. I'll check back later today to see if there is better news. But I'll be thinking of (and praying for) both of you today!
 
Doug & Kat, hang in there. Just know that we all love you and it's gonna be alright.

Love & Light to you both!
 
Short Note.....HE'S COMING HOME TODAY!:clap: :clap: ​

:bow: :wub: :bow: :wub: :bow: :wub: :bow: :wub: :bow: :wub: :bow: :wub: :bow: :wub:

LOVE TO YOU ALL!

I'll be back later!!!!!:clap: :clap: :biggrin: Kat
​
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top