• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Auto Mechanic Referrals needed

New posts

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Can anyone refer a good local mechanic who doesnt take 2 weeks to fix your car and doesn't charge you an arm and a leg (i.e. John Johns's) ?
 
Unfortunately, locally John-John's is basically it. Perhaps someone else here knows about someone else.
 
I have a friend who is ready to move his shop here but because of the scenic route he cant put it on 98 where he wanted to...:bang: :bang: :bang: I guess we have a nice route full of trees, and banks, and re offices, and title companies but not things that locals need,.......I have used Frimet to z on 98 in west pcb. other than that, i dont know....
 
Beach Technical is alot more reasonable in price...but they too tend to take there sweet time on fixing autos
 
I agree with JohnR--Scotty's Auto is the best place to go. The owners are very good people and SoWal locals, although their shop is just over the 331 bridge in Freeport.

For non-emergencies or routine maintenance, make an appointment with them--that way they can work you into their schedule and they will get your car back to you that day.
 
Not sure what kind of car you have, but Henry's Imports in PCBeach is the best -- Henry saved my old Benz so many times. And, he and Renee are wonderful people. I know they work on BMW, Benz, and Toyota...not sure about others. Good luck!
 
I need an auto service place for the simple maintenance stuff...oil change, oil filter, lube etc. Any recommendations? Is there a Jiffy Lube around here?
 
I need an auto service place for the simple maintenance stuff...oil change, oil filter, lube etc. Any recommendations? Is there a Jiffy Lube around here?
After reading so many horror stories on quicky lube (generic) stations, I am very hesitant about taking my autos to one for the basics. I drive to the dealers in PC, for those regularly scheduled services. There are several quickly lube stations on hwy 98 in Destin, and there may be some closer to your end of the beach in PCB, but I don't recall seeing any on 98 in PCB.
 
SJ

you are probably right about going back to the dealer ( my auto is an 06 honda accord ). but i am just too lazy to drive 30 minutes to pc. i guess i am getting used to being a sowal native.....becoming very laid back !! :floor:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top