• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Auto Mechanic Referrals needed

New posts
I miss the place on 393 - it was my go to for flat tires. Couldn't beat the location and I usually got a lesson on car maintenence/repair as well.
 
Does anyone have any suggestions for auto glass replacement? Since it took the Mini dealership 8 business days to change my oil and whatever else they do for a routine scheduled service, I'm hesitant to take my car back there for anything remotely complicated. Plus, the drive through Mississippi on I-10 usually produces a ding or a crack. Is there a good auto glass place around?


You should PM audie for who she used a few weeks ago while in sowal.
They came right to her place promptly and put new glass in.
 
Does anyone have any suggestions for auto glass replacement? Since it took the Mini dealership 8 business days to change my oil and whatever else they do for a routine scheduled service, I'm hesitant to take my car back there for anything remotely complicated. Plus, the drive through Mississippi on I-10 usually produces a ding or a crack. Is there a good auto glass place around?


Harmon Auto Glass,'phone no. 951-2048
 
Can anyone refer a good local mechanic who doesnt take 2 weeks to fix your car and doesn't charge you an arm and a leg (i.e. John Johns's) ?

I had a wheel bearing repair to be done, and called John John, Madhatter in PC, Scotty's (they wouldn't quote over the phone), and B & M Tire in Freeport. B & M Tire was about $100 cheaper. The business is also for sale, by the way. They did the job in an afternoon. No problems. The M is for Mickey Marse who is the mayor of Freeport. B is his son Brad.
 
John-John

Sorry so many people have had a bad experince with John-John. I have used them since it was Santa Rosa Auto Repair. I have never had a problem.
They always give me a fair price for work done.
I drop it off in the morning and it is done by afternoon. Oil Changes with an appointment, about 15 minutes and I don't have to worry about someone forgetting to put something back on. (Like you do at the those drive through places.)
 
John-Johns has been dependable for me. I've been using them since it was Santa Rosa auto as well. Never had a problem and very professional.
 
We were told NOT to go to John-John but Mr. OM was determined because he didn't want to have our car towed into Destin & he could actually get it there.

I have to say John-John has been great with our Accord. They didn't charge for things they could have, i.e., we Mr. OM went to pick it up from fixing some other things, they thought the fuel pump went out. They were going to cut us on the cost, as we had put a TON of money into it (basically a complete overhaul), but come to find out, he cleaned it out (can't remember the details) and it didn't need a fuel pump.... he didn't charge us a thing. Also, we had some things fixed that we had been told in ATL that we had to take it to the dealership or we couldn't have it done.

John-John's really has been great for us.
 
Not exactly "local", but there is a guy in FWB named Vern. His "shop" is right past the corner of eglin and racetrack rd, on the left. It looks like a total shanty and there's a million cars piled up all over the place. But I swear, he has the BEST service and prices I've ever seen in my life. A totally honest guy, been located right there for something like 40 years. My mom actually walked out of there one time with a total bill of $10!! She gave him a $20 tip for being so honest, lol! He did a great job when I used him too, on Thanksgiving weekend of all times. Fit me in and got me done in one day. Absolutely fabulous.
 
Take all my auto repair work to Frimet and they have been great in getting me in and out quickly at fair prices. Henry's on Front Beach Road is the best for foreign cars.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top