• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bank Failures

New posts
"...I'm the show? What an ass. ..."


I did not say that- someone else did.
Learn to read.




"..You have no idea who I am, what I do, etc....and you assume that I am defending myself via some rant..."




Hmm. YOU were the one attacking me.
Which I took with good humor.

Just where did you need to defend yourself against little ole me?




"I am not going to post my personal financials on here like some would, but I am fine"



Never said you were not. Where did this come from?




"..my point is that there seems to almost be a joyful attitude watching others suffer, and I do not understand it. I was only trying to fathom why someone would get their jollies watching others suffer, it is beyond me, but Karma is a *****.
'


Just a year ago I would listen to people talk about the "killer deals"
that they had made in real estate.

Now their deals are killing them.

Do I think that's that funny?

You betcha.

Because it means that I just may be able to buy what I could
not conceive of buying a year or two ago.

It means the pennies I saved by not having cable TV or a cell
phone or a fancy new car or a big house or dinners out or etc.
etc. etc. are now going to allow me to do things that others
can not.

It means that the sacrifice is going to pay off.

And I am one happy camper.[/QUOTE]I think dial-up may cause anger.
 
"...I'm the show? What an ass. ..."


I did not say that- someone else did.
Learn to read.




"..You have no idea who I am, what I do, etc....and you assume that I am defending myself via some rant..."




Hmm. YOU were the one attacking me.
Which I took with good humor.

Just where did you need to defend yourself against little ole me?




"I am not going to post my personal financials on here like some would, but I am fine"



Never said you were not. Where did this come from?




"..my point is that there seems to almost be a joyful attitude watching others suffer, and I do not understand it. I was only trying to fathom why someone would get their jollies watching others suffer, it is beyond me, but Karma is a *****.
'






Soooo it is a good market. Right? Perception. Right?
 
Last edited:
Hey Cap - some child has hijacked your user name and is soiling your reputation posting on this message board. Thought you should know.
 
"...Soooo it is a good market. Right? Perception. Right?..."


Since this has all gotten so confusing I will recap:

It is an "OK" market if you want to buy.

But the future will bring a much better market for buyers.

It is a lousy market if you want to sell.

And the future will get even worse for sellers

At least until we go from the "bust" part of the cycle
back to the "boom". Which will take a few years, I think.

This prediction excludes actual waterfront property- there are
always rich people ready to purchase prime.

But once you get back to second, third, fourth tier etc. you are
dealing with people who usually are more vulnerable to economic
trends.

I would also lump most condos in the latter group


Anyway, that's my opinion.


And I always have one.
 
'


Just a year ago I would listen to people talk about the "killer deals"
that they had made in real estate.

Now their deals are killing them.

Do I think that's that funny?

You betcha.

Because it means that I just may be able to buy what I could
not conceive of buying a year or two ago.

It means the pennies I saved by not having cable TV or a cell
phone or a fancy new car or a big house or dinners out or etc.
etc. etc. are now going to allow me to do things that others
can not.

It means that the sacrifice is going to pay off.

And I am one happy camper.
I think dial-up may cause anger.[/quote]
:lol: Dial-up'll do that.
 
"...In the "next few years" what economic scenario do you envision will restart the Florida RE land grab circa 2004?..."




Ah, come-on Shelly;

Ya gotta give them SOMETHING to grab ahold of.

You tell these people (current owners) that it will be
a decade (or more) before they see prices like 2004 again,
and they'll be jumping out of the 30th story windows of
those big Panama City Beach condo complexes.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top