• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beer

  • Thread starter Thread starter JB
  • Start date Start date
New posts

JB

Beach Fanatic
For years, I have always heard that the alcohol content of local beer is lower than other places due to the proximity of military bases.

Truth? Myth?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 
JB said:
For years, I have always heard that the alcohol content of local beer is lower than other places due to the proximity of military bases.

Truth? Myth?

Inquiring minds want to know.
can't help you here JB:idontno: ..sorry
 
I guess teens love #8 in Missouri, they can get away with a chore!!!
 
InletBchDweller said:
I guess teens love #8 in Missouri, they can get away with a chore!!!

It's definitely a good excuse!:D
 
JB said:
For years, I have always heard that the alcohol content of local beer is lower than other places due to the proximity of military bases.

Truth? Myth?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Seems pretty potent to me - but then I am a light weight :oops:
 
Florida regulates alcohol levels for beer. When I lived down there, it was suppose to have been 3.2, which is a level that several states had. Other states have had it at 6.0. No military basis that I know of. I knew a tavern owner that thought the lower content might have generated more beer sales.
 
I can't believe the ETOH content is different. I buy my local microbrew in Florida;same stuff, I promise you. It would be impossible to brew different batches for different states in the small brewery. Maybe they make exceptions for these guys and require the difference of the big boys (who use rice to make beer GROSS!). :funn:
 
From what I can gather from these posts and from my own experience, the beer in Florida DOES have lower alcohol content than the beer I buy in Alabama. I had always heard that the reason for this (at least in the panhandle) was the close proxmity to Eglin, Tyndall, NAS, etc. Obviously, this is not the reason for the lower alcohol content, but I'll be once again bringing my own beer.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top