• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beer

  • Thread starter Thread starter JB
  • Start date Start date
New posts
Currently, only five states, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina, limit the alcohol content of beer, typically limited to 6%, although NC has been pushing to get the limitation removed, or at least rasied to 14%. (I won't bore you with the details as to why this has changed over the years.) Florida does not limit the alcohol content of beer.;-)
 
You can always ad a sip of blended to get a Belgian beer taste. I learned that from my father in law and it really works. If it is needed is another question :roll:
 
catweazl_2000 said:
You can always ad a sip of blended to get a Belgian beer taste. I learned that from my father in law and it really works. If it is needed is another question :roll:

Wow..interesting!
 
The alcohol content of Budweiser is 5.0% by volume in most states (using only as an example). However, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and select counties have certain restrictions limiting the alcohol content to not more than 3.2% by weight. In order to find out what your state restrictions are, you may want to contact your local municipality.

Years ago, many states had what was called a "blue law" which limited the sale of alcohol by volume to 3.2 on Sundays. This law also varied by state, counties and even neighboring cities. In some states beer that was over 3.2 could not be sold in grocery stores or c-stores - they actually had "beer stores". PA, OR and CO used to be like that, I'm not sure if those laws were changed.
 
I remember the beer was budweiser but the whiskey....?? It came in a giant brown glass bottle. The effect was amazingly simular to the beer called Westmalle triple, a 11.3% alc. beer, brown of color and not sweet at all. By-coming effect is that a handfull of those knock you down while you are smiling. ( that's why I forgot the specific details) :funn: The remake ''bud blend mix'' doesn't have that color though.

Concerning the climate in Florida I like the local % brew better I think. With "b.b.m." I'd be drunk or thirsty :floor:
Greetz, Henk
 
ktschris said:
In some states beer that was over 3.2 could not be sold in grocery stores or c-stores - they actually had "beer stores". PA, OR and CO used to be like that, I'm not sure if those laws were changed.

In PA, you cannot buy any beer in the grocery stores. You must go to the "beer store". The state has recently started allowing the sale on Sundays though in the beer stores.
 
I remember when I was much younger we would buy our beer in Alabama and bring it to the beach b/c everyone said that the alcohol content was lower in Fl. :idontno:
 
I am reviving this thread for Tebo. He asked me a question about the alcohol content of Alabama beer vs. Florida beer. I hope this answers your question Tebo. I will add this tha Beer with an alcohol content of up to 13.9 percent could be sold in Alabama under a measure approved by the state House of Representatives, the Associated Press reported March 4. They trying to up the alcohol content to be able to sale more imported and micro brewed beer. :wave:

p.s. Why would anyone asked me a question about beer? :biggrin:
 
For years, I have always heard that the alcohol content of local beer is lower than other places due to the proximity of military bases.

Truth? Myth?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Back to this original question, military bases do not have to obey the State regulations of alcohol content of beer, because they are Federal entities. The bases can sell any beer they want, regardless of alcohol content.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top