iwishiwasthere
Beach Fanatic
I am considering visiting my sister in Mobile when I am in Sowal in a few weeks. What is the best route from Seagrove area? How long does it take? Jut trying to decide if it is worth giving up a day in paradise. 


iwishiwasthere said:I am considering visiting my sister in Mobile when I am in Sowal in a few weeks. What is the best route from Seagrove area? How long does it take? Jut trying to decide if it is worth giving up a day in paradise.![]()
kurt said:Go up 331 through Freeport to I-10 and head west for about 2 hours.
Panhandler said:If you want some scenery though, I'd take 98 to Pensacola (beaches), ...
Scenery? --- For a quick glimpse of water here and there, the extra hours spent in traffic just ain't worth it. Up to 331, west on I-10 is the way to go.Panhandler said:I am from Mobile...DON'T THROW AWAY A PERFECTLY GOOD DAY HERETELL YOUR SIS TO COME VISIT YOU
. If you want some scenery though, I'd take 98 to Pensacola (beaches), then take Highway 90 to Highway 59 in Baldwin County (rural). You can stop at Burris Farm market in Loxley for fresh fruits, veggies and pies before you hop on I-65 for the short trip into Mobile. Total time is about three hours, average speed 70 mph, but if you go during low traffic hours, worth (almost) every minute...