• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

best route to Moblie

New posts

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
I am considering visiting my sister in Mobile when I am in Sowal in a few weeks. What is the best route from Seagrove area? How long does it take? Jut trying to decide if it is worth giving up a day in paradise. :idontno:
 
We do the reverse sometimes. Drive to Mobile all the way down 65. Then, we it is time to start heading east to Grayton, we drive on 65 to Pensacola, then take the scenic route all the way to Grayton.
 
iwishiwasthere said:
I am considering visiting my sister in Mobile when I am in Sowal in a few weeks. What is the best route from Seagrove area? How long does it take? Jut trying to decide if it is worth giving up a day in paradise. :idontno:

Go up 331 through Freeport to I-10 and head west for about 2 hours.
 
ditto, i would agree with kurt, it is easy and painless...
kurt said:
Go up 331 through Freeport to I-10 and head west for about 2 hours.
 
Ditto again. On your way back, you may run into construction on the I-10 bridge at Pensacola, but going westbound you shouldn't have a problem.
 
Thanks for the info...now I just have to be willing to give up an entire day!
 
I am from Mobile...DON'T THROW AWAY A PERFECTLY GOOD DAY HERE :eek: TELL YOUR SIS TO COME VISIT YOU :D . If you want some scenery though, I'd take 98 to Pensacola (beaches), then take Highway 90 to Highway 59 in Baldwin County (rural). You can stop at Burris Farm market in Loxley for fresh fruits, veggies and pies before you hop on I-65 for the short trip into Mobile. Total time is about three hours, average speed 70 mph, but if you go during low traffic hours, worth (almost) every minute...
 
Panhandler said:
If you want some scenery though, I'd take 98 to Pensacola (beaches), ...

:confused: Scenery? --- For a quick glimpse of water here and there, the extra hours spent in traffic just ain't worth it. Up to 331, west on I-10 is the way to go.
 
Panhandler said:
I am from Mobile...DON'T THROW AWAY A PERFECTLY GOOD DAY HERE :eek: TELL YOUR SIS TO COME VISIT YOU :D . If you want some scenery though, I'd take 98 to Pensacola (beaches), then take Highway 90 to Highway 59 in Baldwin County (rural). You can stop at Burris Farm market in Loxley for fresh fruits, veggies and pies before you hop on I-65 for the short trip into Mobile. Total time is about three hours, average speed 70 mph, but if you go during low traffic hours, worth (almost) every minute...

You make a valid argument about wasting a good day. Thanks for the alternative route....depends on how much time I am willing to give up for the opportunity to see her home.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top