• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bikes and Fish???

New posts
I think the winter "snowbird" rates are very low for bike rentals. I remember asking once out of curiosity (this was the place in Seagrove). So, it's definitely worth asking different shops for their rates. The bikes just sit there all winter anyway. Maybe they rent the older ones that they're going to sell used cheaper. I bought a few of the old ones and they've been working great. I feel like a real beach bum when I'm riding them. Someday, we'll paint them up like Paradise Taxi and include several SoWal stickers. But right now, the chipped yellow paint is fine with me.
 
Unless it's really cheap, as long as you don't need a performance bike, you might be better off buying a cheap one at Target or Walmart, and then donating it to Goodwill when you're done with it.
 
We have a "Snowbird Special" at $75 for a month, including free delivery.

Our bikes are not the typical "Wal Mart" type bikes. Ours are aluminum alloy for light weight and corroison resistance, and retail for around $250 at a real bike shop.
 
Minnie....

Go see the Bike Man on Mack Bayou. He has great bikes for around 20.00....we've bought SEVERAL over the years......He's about a mile north of 98 on Mack Bayou Road (Near the new Hospital)...

L
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top