• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blue Heron Sightings?

New posts
kurt said:
050511-sandestin-018.jpg

Wow, Kurt... I REALLY like this pic! :D
 
I saw four Blue Herons today, but I was in Alabama. However, I do see them regularly at the beach. They usually come to the beach just after the sun sets.
 
Back when we lived at the beach on Okaloosa Island, there was a whole flock of them that hung around by the Gulfarium.
 
Wow--thanks everyone for the replies and the awesome pictures. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I see one (heron, not crane!)
 
1_336328.jpg


Look closely and you will see a Blue Heron in this photo of one of the prettiest places along 30A. Currently, this one shows up every day about 4:45pm. :wub:
 
Smiling JOe said:
1_336328.jpg


Look closely and you will see a Blue Heron in this photo of one of the prettiest places along 30A. Currently, this one shows up every day about 4:45pm. :wub:

ooh ooh...Miss Kitty wants to go there! Give us a clue!
 
jdarg said:
Question for Cil (good morning!)- haven't you seen bald eagles where you live?

Oh yeah.
Just saw one today, as a matter of fact. It always happens when I am driving. One of these days I am going to get into an accident!

Have seen many great blue herons as well, usually but not always at the bay.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top