• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

BMB Question

New posts

springfield4

Beach Lover
We were driving along Blue Mountain Rd. Sunday and noticed an open house - so of course we went in to check it out. It is located directly west of the BMB public beach access. The home is very nice with a great view but a little concerning that 3 of the 4 homes in the "subdivision" are for sale.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into possible "issues" with the area.

We aren't seriously looking at buying yet - just on vacation and made the mistake of going inside.

Thanks in advance.
 
We were driving along Blue Mountain Rd. Sunday and noticed an open house - so of course we went in to check it out. It is located directly west of the BMB public beach access. The home is very nice with a great view but a little concerning that 3 of the 4 homes in the "subdivision" are for sale.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into possible "issues" with the area.

We aren't seriously looking at buying yet - just on vacation and made the mistake of going inside.

Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to the Blue Mtn area in regards to issues or the subdivision? BMB is a great beach area and I would need to know the specific sub to make any opinion.
 
I am referring to the subdivision only. It is directly west of the BMB public beach access. There are four houses south of Blue Mountain Rd with all similar architecture and color schemes. The Redfish Village beach access is directly to the west of the four houses.

We like the BMB area and that is why we stopped to look.
Thanks.
 
Blue Mountain is a normal housing sub division - no mandatory homeowners association. It's also quite high up in terms of elevation, most of the homes in there are zone X. There are a number of open lots too, so I would expect it to fill in more over time. All in all a beautiful little community. (I don't live there, but it's an area I keep an eye on.) With the exception of the beach front, there hasn't been a lot of churn in ownership, and properties do not go up for sale often. A number of owners have owned in there for a number of years. Seems like a pretty stable community. I'd definitely check walton county records though on property you are considering to be sure you're not buying a lot that got flipped in 2005. Those are likely to be over priced.
 
I am referring to the subdivision only. It is directly west of the BMB public beach access. There are four houses south of Blue Mountain Rd with all similar architecture and color schemes. The Redfish Village beach access is directly to the west of the four houses.

We like the BMB area and that is why we stopped to look.
Thanks.

I think you are speaking of the houses directly adjacent to the Public Beach Access? Is this correct?
 
Ok this must be Palmeira Villas. I remember when they were built and never saw any problems and I feel the location is very good. Blue Mtn beach is one of my favorite areas, quiet with an old Florida/new Florida mix.
 
Last edited:
If you eliminate all subdivisions where 3 out of 4 houses are currently for sale. . . .well, you'll eliminate a lot of subdivisions. :blush:
 
Nothing wrong with them except the front 2 will likely end up in the gulf after the next direct hit. Also that access is very busy so I wouldn't want either house next to the parking lot and the beach gets crowded. That access was used as a const. vehicle access after Ivan and Dennis. It was a mess.
 
We were driving along Blue Mountain Rd. Sunday and noticed an open house - so of course we went in to check it out. It is located directly west of the BMB public beach access. The home is very nice with a great view but a little concerning that 3 of the 4 homes in the "subdivision" are for sale.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into possible "issues" with the area.

We aren't seriously looking at buying yet - just on vacation and made the mistake of going inside.

Thanks in advance.

I've been in one of those houses and it was very nice indeed.

My guess is that the owners are concerned about the volume of people who will eventually be using the Redfish access, and now they are sandwiched between that and the Blue Mountain access. You should do a search, as there were a number of hotly discussed threads last year about Redfish and how they intend to provide beach access. If you're serious about the house, there's much that you should know.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top