• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Borago

New posts
Love Borago! The horseradish-encrusted salmon is excellent, as is the angel hair pasta with shrimp and prosciutto (a nice amount of spiciness). I love their Caesar salad -- the dressing is not too heavy, not too light -- and their arugula salad. The most amazing thing about the place is eating at the bar and being served by Danny -- one smooth guy. He always remembers when we were there last (heck, we don't even remember that) and even remembers what we discussed on our last visit. Talk about excellent and friendly service! No wonder people rave about this restaurant.
 
I've said it once, but I'll say it again....order the Arugula Salad and the Scallops and you will be transported to Heaven. It is the Kitty Special...(the peeps at Borago just don't know that!!) It makes me smile just thinking about it. :wub:
 
Last edited:
BR, I hear you. I think Danny may have cut back to working there only one night per week, but Jenna or Joy will take care of you at the bar when Danny is not there. Any restaurant which retains the service staff for more than 2 years must be doing something right. Knowing that they treat the staff well, ensures that the staff will treat the customers well, and that in turn equates to outstanding service. While I have enjoyed eating every dish on the entire menu, except the martini menu, I do think they need to freshen the menu with some new items.
 
They had some pretty excellent specials last night. There was a mushroom ravioli appetizer that was unbelievably earthy and delicious. As it was only my second visit, I don't know how often the specials change, but they definitely added something to the menu.

I also had a dark chocolate creme brulee that may be my new favorite desert...or at least a close second to Basmati's tofu pie.
 
I've said it once, but I'll say it again....order the Arugula Salad and the Scallops and you will be transported to Heaven. It is the Kitty Special...(the peeps at Borago just don't know that!!) It makes me smile just thinking about it. :wub:

you are making me hungry you food wench!!! my fave - veal meatballs on polenta, with side of angel hair. or the veal chop...
 
Last edited:
BR, I hear you. I think Danny may have cut back to working there only one night per week, but Jenna or Joy will take care of you at the bar when Danny is not there.
We like Jenna -- she is savvy as well. Don't know Joy. She might know us -- I dunno. My memory is pretty bad.:eek:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top