• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bracing for the Storm

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
P8260001.JPG


Apparently, some Gulf-front owners in Gulf Trace, appear to be hoping that by pushing their crap into piles on the beach, that it will act as a geodune.:idontno:

If there is good news, it is that earl moved his cattle trailers.
 
Smiling JOe said:
P8260001.JPG


Apparently, some Gulf-front owners in Gulf Trace, appear to be hoping that by pushing their crap into piles on the beach, that it will act as a geodune.:idontno:

If there is good news, it is that earl moved his cattle trailers.

"Come on little doggies..we're not wanted here anymore"....said earl.
 
kurt said:
I assume they were piling it up, to pick it up.

Maybe, but it is really close to the water line, and they should know that a storm is on the way. I guarantee you they don't have plans to move it tomorrow.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Maybe, but it is really close to the water line, and they should know that a storm is on the way. I guarantee you they don't have plans to move it tomorrow.
Agreed. SJ, where is this photo taken?? Is this the recently built house w/ no rebar that suffered gaping concrete holes after Dennis, or is it farther SE down by Alligator Lake outfllow...?

This is just stunning and disappointing to me. kurt, these fools have no intention of removing, SJ is correct...

:idontno: :eek: :idontno:
 
SJ...how long has this debris been on the beach? What law(s) cover this reckless act? I'm trying to give the person to whom this junk belongs the benefit of the doubt. It isn't easy. I'm sure you will be saving these photos for future use.
 
Moondance,
Off the top of my head, I cannot tell you which houses in particular this debris is piled in front. If I am in GT, I will be able to tell this one. I saw this same type of debris in front of one other home there. I was only looking from the street, though, and there may be others. Looking at the picture closely, you will notice that the concrete was removed from the foundation of the house, and has been replaced with white, imported sand. I have a feeling that that sand will be out at sea come Tuesday.

Chances are that if the owners left the concrete where it was, it would still be washed out as debris. Perhaps Kurt is correct that these folks are honestly trying to remove the debris. Unfortunately, not all people have foresight.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Moondance,
Off the top of my head, I cannot tell you which houses in particular this debris is piled in front. If I am in GT, I will be able to tell this one. I saw this same type of debris in front of one other home there. I was only looking from the street, though, and there may be others. Looking at the picture closely, you will notice that the concrete was removed from the foundation of the house, and has been replaced with white, imported sand. I have a feeling that that sand will be out at sea come Tuesday.

Chances are that if the owners left the concrete where it was, it would still be washed out as debris. Perhaps Kurt is correct that these folks are honestly trying to remove the debris. Unfortunately, not all people have foresight.
There are at least two that suffered substantial concrete displacement, some is foundation, other are driveways formerly resting on dune/sand support. After Dennis, there was no longer any support and/or the force of the water displaced the concrete slabs. In one home (big blue new), there was no rebar in the concrete carport and it has two gaping holes about 15' diameter.

Not sure why the debris was not removed but clearly it should NOT be on the beach, now or ever !!

Dammit. :bang: :bang: :pissed:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top