• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cape San Blas

New posts

cpete

Beach Lover
Our family was thinking about heading a little further down the coast this year since July 4th week is pretty much booked up. Any thoughts out there on Cape San Blas or St. George??:D :D
 
Dbuck and Bob.... Sorry I'm a little slow on the obscure references. I'm sure I'm on the wrong side of an inside joke.:idontno:
 
Our family was thinking about heading a little further down the coast this year since July 4th week is pretty much booked up. Any thoughts out there on Cape San Blas or St. George??:D :D

San Blas is a beautiful area. We have vacationed there before. My family did not like it as much as SoWal as there is not much there in terms of restaurant,etc. We tried to go scalloping on the bay...an adventure. Most folks are successful...not sure what happened to us.:funn:

We have friends that go to St Goerge Island every year and love it. There seems to be a few more restaurants at St. George. Be sure to go to Appalachola (I know that is misspelled). Wonderful little town with lots of charm.
Both places are very nice and have beautiful beaches, just less to do than SoWal.

Go to the search tab at the top and type in San Blas photos. Look at some of the threads. They have quite a bit of info.
 
Last edited:
Depending on where you are, Cape San Blas is not much farther from Apalachicola than St George is.
I like the Cape better but that's just my opinion.
Cape San Blas is definitely more isolated than SoWal, or St George.
Definitely fewer restaurants, but Coneheads is good for icecream, and the Loggerhead Grill is fine for a bit fancier meals. And the Indian Pass Raw Bar can't be beat for oysters and atmosphere. ;-)
 
I recently moved here to Destin from that area I lived there for over a year. I would definately go to St. George Island over Cape San Blas any day. In fact we only went out to the Cape 2-3 times the whole time we were there and we drove 40 minutes to go to St.George Island all the time because it was so beautiful. There is not much on Cape San Blas and you have to drive 20 minutes to get to anything. There is 1 gas station on the Cape and 2 restaurants. You can drive through Cape San Blas on a detour to get to St.George Island and see that you aren't missing much. You would take their 30A (I know it's ironic) and then get on 30E. Personally it's a waste I would just go straight to St.George Island. Collinsvacationrentals.com which is part of Century 21 has a lot of great rentals out there. Definately visit Apalachicola it is a funky little town! You'll drive through it on your way there. Also, you can see the events going on there that weekend at The local paper site www.apalachtimes.com or the Chamber's site at http://www.apalachicolabay.org/ Hope this helps:)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top