• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Capitalization

New posts

Kurt

Admin
:confused: i am beginning to find it annoying and arrogant that some letters feel that they are better than others. what gives them the right to look down on other letters? just because they start a sentence or begin a proper noun, what makes them think they are all that? and what about proper nouns? they make capital letters look humble by comparison. what makes them so proper? excuse me mr. holier-than-thou proper noun, get off your high horse and join the rest of the english language.

don't even get me started on punctuation :pissed: -,.;:'"!?
 
hey, i understand we web geeks get a "pass" on capitalization, much like doctors and their penmanship. ;-)

what gets me are misplaced apostrophes.
 
For me it's dandling participles, split infinitives, and misplaced atrocities -- like brown sand on (formerly) pristine white beaches (oops... did I type that out loud). :oops: :oops:
 
There's an enviromental activest guy in the Nooga area that doesn't believe in capitalization (he won't use caps in his name for instance) because he doesn't believe in CAPITALISM. Appanrently the communist and socialist and fashist countries do a better job of protecting the enviroment.
 
Last edited:
RiverOtter said:
There's an enviromental activest guy in the Nooga area that doesn't believe in capitalization because he doesn't believe in CAPITALISM. Appanrently the communist and socialist and fashist countries do a better job of protecting the enviroment.
so how does he feel about punctuation? :lolabove:
 
OhioBeachBum said:
I think the late-nighters in SoWal must be still in the rack. ;-)
Wow. One of my Dawgs busted into my door popping it open just after giving a loud Ruff, and I am thinking, just let me sleep until 6:30a today, please. I looked at my watch and was shocked to discover that the larger than life Margaritas had taken over my body's alarm clock.
I don't know how my dawg opened the door, but when I heard him smash into it, I thought, "that must have hurt. Ouch!" I guess he thought I was dead and needed help.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Wow. One of my Dawgs busted into my door popping it open just after giving a loud Ruff, and I am thinking, just let me sleep until 6:30a today, please. I looked at my watch and was shocked to discover that the larger than life Margaritas had taken over my body's alarm clock.
I don't know how my dawg opened the door, but when I heard him smash into it, I thought, "that must have hurt. Ouch!" I guess he thought I was dead and needed help.
man's best friend ;-) we sometimes let ours wake up son when he's long sleeping on a school day. mutt's about 50 lbs, goes airborne 10 feet from the bed and lands a long happy sloppy tongue in his ear. :blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top