• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Captain Anderson's

New posts
Captain Anderson's is a huge tourist trap.

If you want to make the trip to Panama City, go to Captain's Table or Hunt's.
 
Hunt's Oyster Bar and Capt's Table are located on the south end of Beck Ave -- Panama City, not the beach. I wouldn't drive all the way to the Capt's table for fried seafood.
 
I completely forgot about Boondocks, right at the South end of the 79 bridge. Incredible food, but call first they close early if slow.
 
Nick's and Boondocks are good and not quite as far as Capt. Anderson's. Capt. Anderson's is kind of fun every now and then, especially in season when the boats come in and all the patrons are lobster red.

Too bad we don't have Nick's here anymore and Goatfeathers gets bad reviews. There is certainly good seafood in SoWal but no mondo fried platters I know of now that Bayou Bill's is closed. Bayou Bill's just across the county line is probably OK for most people looking for 20 pound platters of crusty seafood.
 
I used to thin the Boondocks was great, but lately, it is not so much, and my last wait time was 3 hours to get seated. Thanks, but no thanks.
 
Hunt's Oyster Bar and Capt's Table are located on the south end of Beck Ave -- Panama City, not the beach. I wouldn't drive all the way to the Capt's table for fried seafood.

The head on Peel and Eat Shrimp, Baked Oysters, and Grouper Sandwich at Hunt's are worth the drive. And Yes I do order all three for myself.
 
The head on Peel and Eat Shrimp, Baked Oysters, and Grouper Sandwich at Hunt's are worth the drive. And Yes I do order all three for myself.

:floor:...your name should be MrSummerWOOD! :wave:

jdarg...Mr. K and I have discussed going to this place for decades. We just have never made it because people tell us to get there at like 4 pm! I think it is Southern Living that always ranks it as the # 1 restaurant in the area. :idontno:
 
I have many hurricane glasses from Captain Anderson's. It was alway's a must for all of us teeny boppers to go there on spring break. I didn't care about the the food, I just wanted the drinks. ;-):biggrin::wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top