• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

car crashes into Bay

New posts
They don't always say "standard tests pending". Sometimes they just say "results from drug & alcohol tests not yet available" or similar.

My first thought when I heard someone drove a car into the Bay at 4 am was that alcohol was involved and I also wondered what the kid was doing up that late. Saying she was returning from the ER puts quite a different slant on it IMO.
 
Just makes the story a little more dramatic. I mean if its standard why mention it? If it was the reporters sister would they mention that, I wonder? :blink: :wub: :idontno: Her baby boy doesn't need to read that anywhere. That's for sure. He is old enough to read.

Hopefully, it had nothing to do with alcohol, but a tragedy, none the less. :(
 
They don't always say "standard tests pending". Sometimes they just say "results from drug & alcohol tests not yet available" or similar.

My first thought when I heard someone drove a car into the Bay at 4 am was that alcohol was involved and I also wondered what the kid was doing up that late. Saying she was returning from the ER puts quite a different slant on it IMO.
However, in this case, they did use the word, "standard." Maybe we read things to quickly, and our minds make assumptions based on prior stories we've read or heard.

I will add that if the reporter was simply going from an incident report from the Sheriff's Dept, there is no way of knowing that the victim was returning home from the ER.

I guess the reporter could completely left out the remark about the alcohol test, since they are standard anyway. That would help reduce possible assumptions. If alcohol played a role, that would make a new story once the results of the test were known.
 
Something needs to be done about that section of the bridge. This is the second fatal accident in probably six month. It is dark and dangerous and no place for a jog in the road.
 
Something needs to be done about that section of the bridge. This is the second fatal accident in probably six month. It is dark and dangerous and no place for a jog in the road.
There is going to be quite a change coming in the next few years and I am afraid that it will get worse before it gets better. But once they are widened and all is said and done it will still come down to being aware of your surroundings and the road you are driving on and not exceeding the posted speed limits. Which I think is 45mph on that bridge.
 
Where did ya'll hear/see that she was coming from the ER?
 
I have not heard or seen anything other than rapunzels post regarding her coming from the hospital/ER. But I am very concerned that people are all complaining and saying they hate the very bridge that is our lifeline during hurricane evacuations. That bridge is not that hard to navigate ,whether it be dark or not, if you are going the speed limit and not driving crazy (i.e.passing in the no passing section etc.)And I am sure at 4AM there wasnt that much traffic on it. I feel bad for her and her family but had there not been a mention of the ER I am curious how many people would be blaming that bridge had she been coming from anywhere other than the ER. But from the desciption of the accident given in the paper, she must have been speeding to not be able to get control of the car after going off the road on the west side and then over-correcting and then running off the other side.
 
I have not heard or seen anything other than rapunzels post regarding her coming from the hospital/ER. But I am very concerned that people are all complaining and saying they hate the very bridge that is our lifeline during hurricane evacuations. That bridge is not that hard to navigate ,whether it be dark or not, if you are going the speed limit and not driving crazy (i.e.passing in the no passing section etc.)And I am sure at 4AM there wasnt that much traffic on it. I feel bad for her and her family but had there not been a mention of the ER I am curious how many people would be blaming that bridge had she been coming from anywhere other than the ER. But from the desciption of the accident given in the paper, she must have been speeding to not be able to get control of the car after going off the road on the west side and then over-correcting and then running off the other side.


Ahh Finally an Eye wittiness! :clap:
 
Ahh Finally an Eye wittiness! :clap:
No I wasnt a witness but I have seen alot that were close to this very thing in my many trips over that bridge. As I said in my post, I gather that from what I read in the article that was posted. I am amazed at the driving of some folks ,particularly people leaving here and heading back north on Sunday mornings during the summer. You would think that Alabama and Georgia were slipping into the atmosphere the way some people fly past you when heading home. But it seems that the WCSD is only there if I am going 8 mph over the speed limit and are all to willing to flash those lights at me.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top