• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

CenturyLink DSL problems?

New posts

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
It's slow for me. Some stuff works, some doesn't. Been that way all day. I called them about noon, and they said there was a problem in Ft. Walton effecting SoWal, with an estimated 6pm fix time.

This all started overnight, it seems. All was OK yesterday.
 
It is moving at a snail's pace over here on the Eden side of Pt.Washington and I've heard of complete outages off of Thompson drive.
 
Yes...it happened overnight and it is still slow as hail over here in Seacrest Beach. Not even sure this post will make it....or is it even worth it.
 
Still whacked out this morning for me. I have Yahoo mail. It will open the Yahoo front page, but not the mail. Facebook opens, but you can't play Scrabble. That sort of irregular thing. Some sites won't open at all, others (like SoWal) are slow but OK.
 
I just got off the phone with CenturyLink. They are now projecting 6 PM tonight for resolution. Thrilled, I tell you, just thrilled...
 
And I have to say, five years ago my work would have been crippled - I have an essential daily flow of email. Now, I'm saved by my Android phone, although I did have to remember to switch it off my home wireless.
 
Tree Frog - Thanks for calling and posting here. I was just getting ready to call again so now I won't bother.Especially frustrating since I am thinking seriously of dropping the landline and the satellite and just streaming to the tv. I looked at Mediacom's website (can't believe I felt that desperate) to see what their internet costs these days. There is a special - two prices shown, which is it?? - but requires a 2-year contract, it goes up $10 after a year, and then after two years it goes to the "regular" price, which is nowhere shown. Now I remember why I switched from their cable to satellite. I hate that s***.One thing I will say for Century Link - at least when I called yesterday, twice, I got a real person both times.FYI - a Century Lilnk tech person told me a while back that if you drop the landline and keep their DSL that you can still call 911 by plugging an old fashioned, non-electric phone into the jack. For anyone thinking of dropping their landline because they only keep it for emergencies like hurricanes, I would verify this first.
 
Ok...it took me 3 hours to get here but I was relieved to see that there was an update AND to save me from calling. Thanks TreeFrog! It has been a long time since visiting SoWal...it appears it is still THE go-to place for local news and happenings. I'll be checking back!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top